Anyway to Define or Change Home ID?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyway to Define or Change Home ID?

Using HS4Pi, I'm trying to initialize an old Aeotec Z Stick S2 USB dongle. When I select "ERASE this Interface and Create a New Network" the new network that is created has the same Home ID as one of the networks on my HS4Pro Windows system. This seems like a bad thing. How do I change the Home ID or Define it before creating the new network?

EDIT: I should add that this stick was the Z-Wave interface on my HS4Pro system (HS3 at the time) prior to moving to Z-Nets.
    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

What I did is editing the Wave/data backup file and I renamed the homeid, then restored it. I read few posts about doing it. Hope it is helpful.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by alphatech View Post
      What I did is editing the Wave/data backup file and I renamed the homeid, then restored it. I read few posts about doing it. Hope it is helpful.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
      Thanks. Unfortunately HS4 doesn't provide a Restore option for this stick.
      "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Aeotec provides a utility you can use to load a binary image to the NVRAM in the stick.

This procedure provides details on the use of the utility. To avoid jumping thru the hoops of installing Perl and my scripts, you could use the file nvr681.bin that HST provides in the Data/Z-Wave subfolder. This is an NVR image with HomeID 0xd2792cf3 and only the controller node in the node table.

If that particular HomeID happens to be one that you're trying to avoid, I can generate and post an alternate empty image. Just pick a HomeID (you only have 4.1 billion choices! )

Comment

Thanks zwolfpack. I'll give the .bin file a shot. 0xd2792cf3 isn't one of the Home IDs I have active so it should work fine.

Comment

Well, my Z-Stick isn't a Gen5. It's an old S2 and that binary tool doesn't recognize it.

Instead maybe I should focus on changing the Home ID on the Z-Net. That Z-Net got its Home ID by controller transfer from the Z-Stick.

Comment

Are there nodes enrolled in the Z-Net that you're wanting to maintain? If so, you'll have to remove and re-add them. The HomeID is programmed into a node at inclusion time, and the node will only listen/respond to that HomeID.

To change HomeID on the (empty) Z-Net, use 'ERASE this interface and create a new network' action off the Z-Wave Controller page. This should assign an arbitrary HomeID upon completion. If not, you can restore an empty .zwave backup file, edited with a HomeID of your choice.

"empty" .zwave file format
              line 1: 32-bit HomeID; eight hexadecimal digits
              line 2: node ID of the controller; value 1 for single controller networks
              line 3: node 1 node table data; leave this unchanged.

Code:
              FEEDBEEF
              ​

Comment

Thanks again zwolfpack. I decided not to touch the Z-Net just to get an old Aeotec Z-Stick working. I ordered her a new Gen 5 Z-Stick from Amazon.

Comment

Working...
                X