Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Indicators

Hello,

I am having problems getting the plugin to recognize Z-Wave Indicators.

The Dome Siren has an Indicator Command Class, and it appears that it was recognized by the plugin during device inclusion (see attachment below).

However, when I try to use it with "Turn ON an indicator", I get an error message: "There are no devices that support LED indicators"

It used to work in HS3. Has never worked in HS4.
    Attached Files

Same, I'm trying to access the indicators for a scene controller and I'm seeing the same message. I just switched to the 4.x version of the Z-Wave plugin so not sure if anyone has gotten that working with indicators yet.

Comment

So I was able to hack together a Z-Wave command that I can run from an event. Here is what I came up with:

Code:
      &hs.PluginFunction("Z-Wave", "", "SendZwaveRaw", New Object() {47, New Byte() {&H87, &H1, &HFF, &H1, &H44, &H02, &HFF}, 7, False, "InterfaceID"})
      Code:
      47 is the ZWave Device ID to send the command to

The parameters in the byte array go like this:
      &H87 - Indicator Command Class in Hex
      &H01 - Command ID (0x01=Set, 0x02=Get, 0x03=Report)
      &H00 - Indicator 0 Value (No idea what that means)
      &H01 - Count of indicator objects to follow (1 since I'm only setting one at a time)
      &H44 - Indicator ID (Check your device for this ID)
      &H02 - Property ID to set (Device-specific)
      &HFF - Property Value to set (Device-specific). In my case 0 is off and FF is on​

7 is the count of items in the byte array
      No idea what False means
      The interface ID of your ZWave interface

Comment

Originally posted by inquirer View Post
        So I was able to hack together a Z-Wave command that I can run from an event. Here is what I came up with:
        Thanks for posting this. If anybody winds up here searching for how to control the button indicators on a Zooz Zen32, the following worked for me:

To turn button 1 indicator on:
        Code:
        &hs.PluginFunction("Z-Wave", "", "SendZwaveRaw", New Object() {ID, New Byte() {&H87, &H01, &HFF, &H01, &H44, &H02, &HFF}, 7, False, "InterfaceID"})​
        To turn button 1 indicator off:
        Code:
        &hs.PluginFunction("Z-Wave", "", "SendZwaveRaw", New Object() {ID, New Byte() {&H87, &H01, &HFF, &H01, &H44, &H02, &H00}, 7, False, "InterfaceID"})​
        The fifth byte is the indicator ID. IDs for buttons 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 are 0x44, 0x45, 0x46, 0x47, and 0x43, respectively.
        Replace "ID" with the Z-Wave node ID of the controller and "InterfaceID" with the ID of the Z-Wave interface.

Comment

Working...
        X