Cooper 5 scene controller issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooper 5 scene controller issues

I had a lot of luck with this device over the last 6-7 years, but I recently lost my HS4 databases in a shutdown issue. So I had to rebuild from scratch. Even after following the guidance to backup/restore my zwave interface to clear routes.. i still can't get the cooper scene switch to be reliable. It kind of worked, now not working again.

Any thoughts or debugging tricks? Next step is to factory reset the scene controller itself and start over. If that doesn't work, im going to switch it over to an insteon scene controller and add an insteon hub

Give the forum a search, it's come up a lot lately. If you are using zwave 3.xxx, maybe you can get it working. If you are using 4.xxx, then no. The zwave sdk has deprecated scenes (not to be confused with central scenes) so these types of controllers are basically obsolete, at least that's how I understand it. I have one and had to jump through hoops to get it working. I'll soon replace with a Zooz Zen32.

Comment

Thanks ya I finally connected those dots. I think why I was struggling is some how it worked up until I had the database failure. Although I *did* notice it getting slower to respond.

Ordered a couple of zooz z32s. If they don't work, i may change my in wall scene controllers where I need multiple buttons (I use lot of WX300s when I dont need sep buttons) to Insteons.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X