X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot remove node that is nonexistent

A very weird situation: in the HS4 log I see this warning:

Code:
    Z-Wave Warning    Node 6 requested multi channel capability for endpoint 2 but there was an error generated in responding
    I cannot find any node 6 in the device mangement. So I cannot remove a bad node. Something wrong with the database?

So I wonder where the message from node 6 is coming from and how to eventually remove it.

I use the latest HS4 version and Z-Wave plugin version 4.1.0.3 BETA

Anyone?

The node is in your Z-Wave controller, but is no longer a HS Device. This happens when a Z-Wave device is simply deleted from HomeSeer instead of being excluded through the Z-Wave interface. You need to import the node information from the controller again. Go to Plug-ins>Z-Wave>Advanced Functions then Create HomeSeer Devices. This will create the HomeSeer Device(s) for the node. If the device is still connected and functioning, you now have a HomeSeer Device. If the Z-Wave Device is not communicating, you can “Test Connectivity” twice back to back, then “Remove Bad Node”.

Click image for larger version

Name:	414EA424-1705-4BDA-A171-0CC3C591DAB4.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	1589741
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks for helping.
      If I add a HomeSeer device then I see this in the log:
      Feb-01 15:29:25 Z-Wave Finished with Z-Wave device synchronization.
      Feb-01 15:29:25 Z-Wave Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 0
      Feb-01 15:29:22 Z-Wave Syncing Z-Wave nodes with device list...
      Feb-01 15:29:22 Z-Wave Found 48 Z-Wave nodes
      Feb-01 15:29:22 Z-Wave Getting Z-Wave node list for network
      If I look in Device Information then there exists no node 6. So no device was created, as was mentioned in the log.

Could there be a problem with the database?

Comment

Working...
      X