Adjusting On/Off Ramp Rates GE Jasco Enbrighten 46203

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjusting On/Off Ramp Rates GE Jasco Enbrighten 46203

Does anyone have any info on adjusting the on/off ramp rates on a GE/Jasco/Enbrighten 46203 In-Wall Z-Wave Smart Dimmer?

Essentially, I am just looking to remove the ramp on a few switches, as I just want a faster on/off time. One step from on to off (and vice versa) done as fast as possible.

Any help is appreciated.

H

https://products.z-wavealliance.org/...s/3323/configs
    -Wade

Comment

Where do you access and change the values in the table you sent?

Fyi, the reason I'm wanting to change some of my dimmers to on/off switches is they perform poorly with dimmable LED bulbs. The same bulbs i used successfully with insteon dimmers. I mention this because maybe there's another way to get rid of the annoying blinking during a ramp on or off.

Thanks,

H

Comment

Assuming you are using the V4 plug-in? It is on the Z-Wave tab of the device. ON V3 it is slightly different but similar.

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture.png Views:	0 Size:	126.3 KB ID:	1595921

If you were going to set parameter 6 to 1 for dimming rate you would enter them at the bottom, then save.

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture1.png Views:	0 Size:	29.9 KB ID:	1595922
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I'm using an HT+ and I see something very different. And can you tell me which "device"? The switch shows up as four different devices. The root device, the application status, central scene, and light.

And is there a way to see the list of parameters and their set values for a switch?

Thanks for your help.

H
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Basement Light View.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	1595974Click image for larger version

Name:	Basement Light Z-wave View.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	1595975

Comment

Here is my suggestion for you. You will appreciate it more if you download the free app called Z-Wave Parameters. Go to your plug-in drop down, select add and on the next page search for the app and install. It will makes things less complicated and prevent you from making an error. However, in regards to your prior post... You make the changes from Basement Stairs Light. If you tried to make the changes to anything else, you will not see what you are looking for. You would then follow Randy's directions posted above. If you use the Z-Wave Parameters app, once you install the app and go back to your Basement Stairs Light, you will see a new tab called Z-Wave Parameters. Click on that and you will see the options in a much better layout with options for you to change. I think this will help you tremendously until you are more familiar with the devices and changes you can make.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	87.6 KB ID:	1595981

Comment

Originally posted by hyounker View Post
              I'm using an HT+ and I see something very different. And can you tell me which "device"? The switch shows up as four different devices. The root device, the application status, central scene, and light.

And is there a way to see the list of parameters and their set values for a switch?

Thanks for your help.

H
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Basement Light View.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	1595974Click image for larger version

Name:	Basement Light Z-wave View.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	1595975
              Parameters are only in the parent Device, in your case “Basement Stairs Light”. You are running an older Z-Wave plugin that doesn’t have parameter adjustments. 4.1.0.3 has them I think, the beta 4.1.1.0 definitely does.

You can update your plugin or use Z-Wave Parameters plugin.

Comment

Hmmm. Good to know. I've only had this HT+ since December and bought it directly from Homeseer. Apparently, they don't update the software on these units before shipping?

Thanks to both of you for this help. I'll try this when I get home.

H

Comment

There have been a couple of Z-Wave plug-in updates since December. There has also been a HomeSeer update to 4.1.17.0 since then.

The software does not automatically update. You have to look at plugins>Manage and you will see a little cloud in the upper right corner of each plug-ins tile. Click on that to update. Beta plugins are found under plugins>Add.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	164.1 KB ID:	1596007

Comment

Thanks for your help, Randy.

H

Comment

Working...
                    X