Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zigbee Plugin Test.. Test of 5 different devices.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zigbee Plugin Test.. Test of 5 different devices.

Hello there,

I've tried 5 different Zigbee devices:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0418.jpg
Views:	578
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	1377191

All of the above are in great working order, the door and the button are brand new but none of them work with HS4.

Trying to add the Zigbee OnOff Controller can not be added and gives the following error message:

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 16.11.46.png
Views:	487
Size:	215.7 KB
ID:	1377192

The Door and motion sensor while can be added as devices, won't change status. Either door open/close or motion detection work:

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 16.26.25.png
Views:	494
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	1377193

And the arrival tag won't work either, this is all it shows:

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 16.33.16.png
Views:	473
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	1377194

As an example, the tag through the Hubitat plug in looks like this:

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 16.45.55.png
Views:	478
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	1377196

I deleted the network, the plugin and captured all the plugin logs while creating the network (the first red is just I took the wrong COM port) then reinstalled the plugin, activated the network and added the 5 devices:

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 16.32.43.png
Views:	503
Size:	453.6 KB
ID:	1377195

All of the above work on the Hubitat Hub and can be added to HS through the Hubitat Plugin. Hope this feedback helps with the development.

Kind Regards,

PP

I think you should post under the following as it was created by Homeseer and Ithey habe a special attention there..

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...zigbee-testing

Comment

Originally posted by goldriver View Post
      I think you should post under the following as it was created by Homeseer and Ithey habe a special attention there..

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...zigbee-testing
      Thanks GoldRiver.

The thing is, feedback about issues are supposed to be in separated threads. I assume is for better tracking.

Name:	26A49157-EFE3-49F0-8BD8-C7E60B5815EE.jpeg
Views:	442
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	1377309

KR

PP

Comment

Thanks for the detailed report. I have released version beta 4.0.5 in the updater in which I have made significant changes, so if you want to test it, please restart from scratch:

- With 4.0.4, go to the " Zigbee -> Manage Network" page and click the "Delete Network" button.
        - Shutdown the 4.0.4 plugin
        - From the HS4 devices page make sure all Zigbee devices have been deleted
        - Install 4.0.5 and start it
        - Go to the "Zigbee -> Settings" page, set the log level to Debug, enable "Log To File" and save.
        - Go to the "Zigbee -> Setup Network" and configure your dongle
        - Then use the "Add Zigbee Device" page to start adding device.

Regarding the specific problems you reported:
        - for the On/Off controller please send me the logs you get when you try to add it.
        - for the SmartThings Motion Sensor, I have the same device and it correctly report the motion status for me, but I sometimes have to force it to change state a few times before it starts reporting anything. If it still doesn't work for you please post what you get in the logs when you add it.
        - for the tag I believe the plugin does not support the correct cluster yet. Please go to the "Zigbee > Manage Devices" page and tell what are the input clusters for this device.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          Thanks for the detailed report. I have released version beta 4.0.5 in the updater in which I have made significant changes, so if you want to test it, please restart from scratch:

- With 4.0.4, go to the " Zigbee -> Manage Network" page and click the "Delete Network" button.
          - Shutdown the 4.0.4 plugin
          - From the HS4 devices page make sure all Zigbee devices have been deleted
          - Install 4.0.5 and start it
          - Go to the "Zigbee -> Settings" page, set the log level to Debug, enable "Log To File" and save.
          - Go to the "Zigbee -> Setup Network" and configure your dongle
          - Then use the "Add Zigbee Device" page to start adding device.

Regarding the specific problems you reported:
          - for the On/Off controller please send me the logs you get when you try to add it.
          - for the SmartThings Motion Sensor, I have the same device and it correctly report the motion status for me, but I sometimes have to force it to change state a few times before it starts reporting anything. If it still doesn't work for you please post what you get in the logs when you add it.
          - for the tag I believe the plugin does not support the correct cluster yet. Please go to the "Zigbee > Manage Devices" page and tell what are the input clusters for this device.
          Hi Spud!

The tag does not work yet... It would be great if it ever works... Appart from the Battery and the presence, it also has a chime which only works with Smartthings so far.. you know, it would work to find the keys for example... if that is possible to discover, would be more than great!!!

All I've been able to collect so far:

Logs:

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 5.06.51 PM.png
Views:	446
Size:	190.4 KB
ID:	1377447

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 4.56.30 PM.png
Views:	406
Size:	186.1 KB
ID:	1377448

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 4.55.37 PM.png
Views:	407
Size:	181.8 KB
ID:	1377449

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 5.08.53 PM.png
Views:	407
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	1377450

If there is anything else I can log or troubleshoot, just let me know!

KR

PP

Comment

About the rest,

Either the Motion nor the button nor the Doorsensor works...

The button should show simple press, double press and long press. Hubitat does not recognizes the double press:

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 5.32.02 PM.png
Views:	446
Size:	196.9 KB
ID:	1377460

What the plugin shows:

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 5.32.22 PM.png
Views:	423
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	1377461

The logs while associating:

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 5.26.17 PM.png
Views:	416
Size:	191.4 KB
ID:	1377462

The Motion Sensor still looking good but sensor update In hubitat:

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 5.32.29 PM.png
Views:	409
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	1377463

With the plugin:

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 5.32.38 PM.png
Views:	424
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	1377464

Logs while associating:

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 5.17.37 PM.png
Views:	430
Size:	341.4 KB
ID:	1377465

A collection of errors I was able to collect after adding the Smartthings Devices:

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 5.32.57 PM.png
Views:	433
Size:	647.5 KB
ID:	1377466

As published on the main thread, the OnOff generic Zigbee controller is working great!

Thanks!

PP

Comment

Can you install and test version 4.0.6
              Before running this new version, please make sure to delete your zigbee devices from the network using the Zigbee > Manage Devices page, then check they have actually been deleted from the Device page. Also check that you have only one file in Data/ZigbeeData.json, it's the coordinator = your dongle, if you have more than one file just delete all of them.

Also you did not set the log level to Debug. From "Zigbee -> Settings" please enable "Log To File", set the "File Log Level" to Debug and click Save. Then do your tests and send me the log file : Logs/Zigbee.txt
              Thanks

Comment

Has anyone successfully paired a Samsung Arrival sensor (Zigbee) with HS4? I have 4.0.6.0 of the Zigbee plugin and a Nortek USB Stick (purchased from Homeseer).
                I have several other Zigbee devices that work fine. The first time I tried to pair it. It was found but did not create any features under the main device, so I deleted it and tried again.
                I could never get it to recognize it again. Ugh! I put a new battery in it. I get the following 4 Info messages in the log each time I try to pair it.
                ----
                Node removed: ZigBeeNode [IEEE=24FD5B0001080F2D, NWK=0xEE9D, Type=END_DEVICE]
                Node added: ZigBeeNode [IEEE=24FD5B0001080F2D, NWK=0xEE9D, Type=END_DEVICE]
                Node added: ZigBeeNode [state=ONLINE, IEEE=24FD5B0001080F2D, NWK=0xEE9D]
                Node removed: ZigBeeNode [IEEE=24FD5B0001080F2D, NWK=0x0C3E, Type=END_DEVICE]
                ----
                Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Seer1001 View Post
                  Has anyone successfully paired a Samsung Arrival sensor (Zigbee) with HS4? I have 4.0.6.0 of the Zigbee plugin and a Nortek USB Stick (purchased from Homeseer).
                  I have several other Zigbee devices that work fine. The first time I tried to pair it. It was found but did not create any features under the main device, so I deleted it and tried again.
                  I could never get it to recognize it again. Ugh! I put a new battery in it. I get the following 4 Info messages in the log each time I try to pair it.
                  ----
                  Node removed: ZigBeeNode [IEEE=24FD5B0001080F2D, NWK=0xEE9D, Type=END_DEVICE]
                  Node added: ZigBeeNode [IEEE=24FD5B0001080F2D, NWK=0xEE9D, Type=END_DEVICE]
                  Node added: ZigBeeNode [state=ONLINE, IEEE=24FD5B0001080F2D, NWK=0xEE9D]
                  Node removed: ZigBeeNode [IEEE=24FD5B0001080F2D, NWK=0x0C3E, Type=END_DEVICE]
                  ----
                  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom
                  I don't think this plugin has evolved that much. If you see my post above on April 13th, the situation is the same:

Motion sensor does not update motion.
                  Multisensor dos not shows the accelerator sensor which is very helpful to use the thing let's say to sense if the washing/drying machine is working... and the open/close doesn't work.
                  The arrival tag won't work either.. I have two. I use those through the Habitat Elevation hub.

The Arrival Sensor coming from Hubitat:

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 10.49.09.png
Views:	388
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	1421047

The MultiSensor from the Zigbee plugin (open close won't update, ever):

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 10.50.07.png
Views:	330
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	1421048

The same device model as above but from Hubitat:

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 10.50.24.png
Views:	309
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	1421049

I'm also using the Nortek USB thingy...

Hope this helps.

PP

Comment

ppespepe , a lot of fixes have been added to version 4.0.7 and 4.0.8, most of the problems you reported here should be now fixed. If you want to test 4.0.8, delete the old devices and re-add them, and let me know how it goes. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                      ppespepe , a lot of fixes have been added to version 4.0.7 and 4.0.8, most of the problems you reported here should be now fixed. If you want to test 4.0.8, delete the old devices and re-add them, and let me know how it goes. Thanks
                      spud Hi, Many things that was not working before are working great. Thanks for that!!

I'm only missing the Samsung Tag v4. This is an amazing device which will report presence and has a functionality where you can make the tag to beep to find it with/without the attached keys. This is the only device from all my Zigbees that is not working.

Below I attach the list of devices, inside a green box everything that seems to be working great and inside the red box the one which is not.

Once again, thank you!

Hope the tag thing can be worked out.

PP

Name:	2020-11-19_11-36-55.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	1434780

Comment

By the way, I'm missing one thing if I may from the multipurpose sensor (or the multi - 27207 on the screenshot above) that is very unique and VERY useful... the vibration sensor. There is not vibration sensor as status or as a trigger.

Vibration is useful for windows, doors and to monitor devices... it is an awesome feature!!!

Thanks in advance!

PP

Comment

Originally posted by ppespepe View Post

spud Hi, Many things that was not working before are working great. Thanks for that!!

I'm only missing the Samsung Tag v4. This is an amazing device which will report presence and has a functionality where you can make the tag to beep to find it with/without the attached keys. This is the only device from all my Zigbees that is not working.

Below I attach the list of devices, inside a green box everything that seems to be working great and inside the red box the one which is not.

Once again, thank you!

Hope the tag thing can be worked out.

PP
                          For the tag, can you run this quick test: from Tools > Script Command, please run the following command

Code:
                          hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(3447, 0, true)
                          this should reset the Binary Input feature of the tag device to Off
                          then wait to see if when the tag is present this feature is set to On.

For the vibration sensor, I have logged it as a feature request but since this feature is handled by a manufacturer specific Zigbee cluster it is very specific to this device, so it's not high priority on the list.

Comment

Working...
                          X