Sengled Zigbee bulbs the Plugin shows nothing found but they are in the log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sengled Zigbee bulbs the Plugin shows nothing found but they are in the log

I have a W10 Pro machine running HS4 4.0.5.0 with the HS ZigBee plugin installed. when I try to add items in the plugin menu the system completes its search and reports nothing is found. however if I look in the logs or if I reset the database I see all four bulbs and the controller HUSBZB-1 all listed as added. nothing shows up in the manage items lists
    Am I doing something wrong or is this an real issue?

Click image for larger version

Name:	zigbee PI.png
Views:	417
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	1380941

Click image for larger version

Name:	zigbee discovery.png
Views:	229
Size:	219.6 KB
ID:	1380942

Once you see the "Node Added" log line, the plugin still needs to communicate with the node to know all its properties before it is really added to HS4. This is probably what fails here.
    From Zigbee -> Settings, enable "ZigbeNet Logging", enable "Log To File", set "File Log Level" to Debug, then try to add one bulb (it's better if the other bulbs are off while you do this) then post the log file Logs/Zigbee.txt

thanks

Comment

Do these bulbs now work with the HS4 zigbee plugin?

Comment

I can't guarantee that these specific bulbs work 100% with the plugin as I haven't tested them, but the plugin has been improved a lot since April, so if those bulbs follow the standard Zigbee protocol they are very likely to work.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          I can't guarantee that these specific bulbs work 100% with the plugin as I haven't tested them, but the plugin has been improved a lot since April, so if those bulbs follow the standard Zigbee protocol they are very likely to work.
          spud FYI, the Sengled Color bulb works fine with the plugin. It is the Element Plus Color bulb. Part number 19070075, Model E11-N1EA

EDIT: Just tried the Element Plus White bulb and was unable to change the CT levels. Part number 19070010, Model Z01-A19NAE26W

Here is the error in the log for the white bulb not setting CT

1/19/2021 10:11:36 AM
          Zigbee
          Error
          Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

HomeSeer
          Device Control
          Device: Zigbee Plugin Color Temperature to (value) K (4357) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post

spud FYI, the Sengled Color bulb works fine with the plugin. It is the Element Plus Color bulb. Part number 19070075, Model E11-N1EA

EDIT: Just tried the Element Plus White bulb and was unable to change the CT levels. Part number 19070010, Model Z01-A19NAE26W

Here is the error in the log for the white bulb not setting CT

Zigbee
            Error
            Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

HomeSeer
            Device Control
            Device: Zigbee Plugin Color Temperature to (value) K (4357) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
            Could you set the log level to Debug, and capture the problem again?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

Could you set the log level to Debug, and capture the problem again?
              spud I had the ZigbeeNet Logging turned on when I tried to set the CT and got the error. Are you referring to the Log to Text? What else can I try for you?

One thing I noticed is that when I try to set the CT either with the slider or by an event I see that no matter what number I select it always returns to 3300K by itself.

Comment

what do I need to get my Sengled bulbs up; in homeseer.. I have the sengled bridge and a bunch of the A19 bulbs.. I have heard people talking that the JowiHue plugin works which I have for my Hue bulbs. . im told the sengled wont connect to a Hue bridge.. what piece of hardware do I need? a ConBee? im running HS in a virtual machine so I hate to use something USB as KVM and USB sometimes fight.. I could move my HS install to a Pi but im trying to stay VM if I can ..

what are you using for your Sengleds? hardware interface and Plugin?
                PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

Originally posted by cadillackid View Post
                  what do I need to get my Sengled bulbs up; in homeseer.. I have the sengled bridge and a bunch of the A19 bulbs.. I have heard people talking that the JowiHue plugin works which I have for my Hue bulbs. . im told the sengled wont connect to a Hue bridge.. what piece of hardware do I need? a ConBee? im running HS in a virtual machine so I hate to use something USB as KVM and USB sometimes fight.. I could move my HS install to a Pi but im trying to stay VM if I can ..

what are you using for your Sengleds? hardware interface and Plugin?
                  Use a RaspBee which is the ConBee's network addressable cousin:

https://phoscon.de/en/raspbee2

Comment

oh yes this looks like exactly what I need.. threw me off a bit because the sengled isnt listed as com[atible however it appears people are using them which is good enough for me!!

thanks for your help
                    PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

Glad to help.

Seriously, for anyone reading this, for Homeseer nothing currently beats the Conbee/Raspbee hardware and JowiHue plugin for maximum Zigbee device coverage and functionality. HST is so far behind in terms of Zigbee device support, without a dedicated person doing Zigbee support/development they will never catch up to these other alternatives.

Comment

Working...
                      X