Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zigbee plugin. What dongle to buy for testing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zigbee plugin. What dongle to buy for testing?

Hi.

What dongle I need to buy for Zigbee testing? What do you recommend for best compatibility?

Plugin will ask for 2 dongles?

Nortek Security and Control HUSBZB-1 is both, Z-wave (US) and Zigbee. No EU version so Z-wave for me is irrelevant here. Maybe I can use it only for Zigbee

or

Digi XStick

I suppose it's this one: XBee 3 USB Adapter XU3-A11
    https://www.digi.com/products/models/xu3-a11

So what should I buy? What are you using for testing?

Thank you

Br,
    Dali

Click image for larger version  Name:	zig.jpg Views:	0 Size:	16.0 KB ID:	1382187

I heard the Nortek is the one HS is recommeding.

Comment

I'm using Nortek stick and is working fine.

Comment

Thank you.

Will buy Nortec, although have no use for US Z-wave freq.

Br,
        Dali

Comment

Good Question. macromark What about the EU I guess there is a large part to the user base in the EU and we cant use half that dongle! are there others supported?
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

Would love to see the Raspbee II get supported.

https://phoscon.de/en/raspbee2

Comment

Well, I have Conbee II, which is more likely to be supported, if ever.

Has anyone bought Nortec from Europe and where? When I try to buy it from HS shop the shipment alone is over $100. It really must be some heavy USB stick

Thank you
              Br,
              Dali

Comment

I bought mine from Amazon.
                HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 running on Lenovo ThinkCenter & Debian Linux
                Plugins: Z-Wave (via Nortek USB stick

Home Assistant 2021.10.6 running on HA "Blue" ODROID-N2
                Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
                Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS
                Insteon: 2413S Dual Band PLM
                Zigbee: zzh! CC2652R Rev A
                Z-Wave: RaZberry daughtercard on RPi 1B via ser2net

Comment

If I would buy the Nortek stick, I do not want to use it for Zwave as I use 2 Z-nets. Can I turn the Zwave radio off ?

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
                    If I would buy the Nortek stick, I do not want to use it for Zwave as I use 2 Z-nets. Can I turn the Zwave radio off ?
                    I don't believe you can actually disable it on the dongle. Just don't configure it in HS or have anything connecting to it's USB port in the system and effectively it is 'off'. Without setting it up and configuring it, there would be no Z-Wave network info on it so it will never listen or transmit.

I'm using it for Zigbee only and a RaZberry on my Pi for Z-Wave and both networks are working fine.

I looked at the Digi Xbee3 XU3-A11 and it was too expensive for me...$148 CAD / $99 USD

Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
                    Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS

Comment

spud rjh Why not try with the conbee II.

seems like Dresden-Elektronik is giving more access to it https://github.com/Koenkk/zigbee-herdsman/issues/72

rjh And this is not the only projet ! Hst could totally incorporate this natively in hs4 .

Comment

This might be of interest https://deconz.dresden-elektronik.de...rotocol-en.pdf

Comment

It would be nice if the z-net could support the Nortek USB dongle. I would love to be able to use this USB stick in a central location away from my HomeSeer server.

Comment

Originally posted by slbuck View Post
                            It would be nice if the z-net could support the Nortek USB dongle. I would love to be able to use this USB stick in a central location away from my HomeSeer server.
                            I just finished trying my Nortek in my Pi and using ser2net to make ttyUSB1 available via 192.168.1.101:2000 to HS4 running socat on it which creates a synlink from /dev/ttyNET0 to pty2 which is connected to 192.168.1.101:2000 but the Zigbee PI fails to initiate the device /dev/ttyNET0. I edited the existing ini file to change ttyUSB1 to ttyNET0 as the PI only offers ttyS0, ttyS1, ttyS2, ttyS3, ttyUSB0 (2413S), and ttyUSB1 & ttyUSB2 if the Nortek is plugged in directly. I recall trying to do the same thing with my Insteon 2413S a year or more ago in HS3 with similar results.

They need to modify the plugin to support IP : port connections...

Comment

Why does HS always forget about European users there postage costs are barking mad!

Comment

Working...
                              X