Development ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Development ?

Now that HS4 is out, do you have any time line when efforts can be put back on the zigbee plugin.

Please support the iris 2 devices!

Search ?

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...308-z-wave-hs4

Comment

I’m not referring to zwave.

Comment

Any info ?

Comment

Same question here. I've got a Nortek stick, about 50 z-wave lights and about 10 zigbee lights. Win10/HS4 Pro.... The z-wave is great and reliable (as it was with HS3) but Zigbee is constant problem with vague errors in the log like "Error while sending command CommandResult [TIMEOUT]"

Sometimes Zigbee works, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it seems to send commands many hours later (which results in the comical waking up and discovering lights turned on that we tried to turn on 18 hours ago).

Is this being developed? Zigbee support was my only reason for upgrading to HS4.

Comment

Originally posted by arlogilbert View Post
            Same question here. I've got a Nortek stick, about 50 z-wave lights and about 10 zigbee lights. Win10/HS4 Pro.... The z-wave is great and reliable (as it was with HS3) but Zigbee is constant problem with vague errors in the log like "Error while sending command CommandResult [TIMEOUT]"

Sometimes Zigbee works, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it seems to send commands many hours later (which results in the comical waking up and discovering lights turned on that we tried to turn on 18 hours ago).

Is this being developed? Zigbee support was my only reason for upgrading to HS4.
            Send a help desk message ?

Comment

Originally posted by mik3 View Post

Send a help desk message ?
              I did not. I'm more inclined to switch platforms if the product doesn't work. I've been pretty disappointed in the HS4 roll-out. I don't know whether they've fixed the SEL implementation or not, but the driver for the Nortek is not supported on the old linux kernel they use so I ended up switching to Win10 on a left over computer I had only to find out that the Zigbee solution is super buggy. It really doesn't feel like it was tested in anybody's house. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Is this being developed? .
                yes it is being developed, lately I focused on other plugins but I will get back to Zigbee soon (probably end of August as I will be on vacation at the beginning of August)

Comment

I did not. I'm more inclined to switch platforms if the product doesn't work. I've been pretty disappointed in the HS4 roll-out. I don't know whether they've fixed the SEL implementation or not, but the driver for the Nortek is not supported on the old linux kernel they use so I ended up switching to Win10 on a left over computer I had only to find out that the Zigbee solution is super buggy. It really doesn't feel like it was tested in anybody's house. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                  I'm using the Hubitat for Zigbee and it is rock solid and great range. I have sensors in both the box Freezer and Refrigerator Freezer on opposite end of the house and still no issues communicating. Works will all my Iris devices (3210-L plug and 3326-L Motion) and then use the Hubitat Plug In to get the information in HS. Zigbee is the only thing I use the Hubitat for.

Comment

Originally posted by jim@beersman.com View Post

I'm using the Hubitat for Zigbee and it is rock solid and great range. I have sensors in both the box Freezer and Refrigerator Freezer on opposite end of the house and still no issues communicating. Works will all my Iris devices (3210-L plug and 3326-L Motion) and then use the Hubitat Plug In to get the information in HS. Zigbee is the only thing I use the Hubitat for.
                    I'm curious why you use HomeSeer at all. I've been perplexed by the rationale for using two different home automation tools simultaneously.

Is there something HS provides that Hubitat doesn't?

Comment

I have been using HomeSeer for 14 years so longer than most other systems have been around. I'm familiar with it and it works like Lego, just plug new options into it. It may not be perfect (like HS4 UI) but it's engine is reliable.

Comment

I'm curious why you use HomeSeer at all. I've been perplexed by the rationale for using two different home automation tools simultaneously.

Stability .... HS from my experience is way more
                        stable.

I used Hubitat for over a year. Trust me, HS is more stable and reliable.

I got so fed up with that product I sold all my zigbee devices and invested in RadioRa2 and motion sensors. My time wasted on Hubitat equates to something like 30,000 dollars if I was paid for my time troubleshooting.

Lastly, check out their forums with how many people report issues with slow downs and lock ups.

Comment

For saying that, I guess you do not use hs seriously

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post

For saying that, I guess you do not use hs seriously
                            How does one use it seriously? Look angry and pensive while trying to force Windows 10 to auto start on reboots? Grimace while patching the 8 year old SEL kernel that ships on brand new devices to support the Zigbee radio?

oh Wait, or is it when I have to explain to my wife why the zigbee lights just turn on by themselves sometimes. She’s a very serious HS user.

seriously though, I used HS in 2009 for a few years but I haven’t ever used hubitat so I don’t understand why somebody would want to use them both at the same time. It seems like saying you’re connecting a smart things hub to the HS, I don’t understand why, aren’t they redundant systems that offer competing functionality?

Comment

Working...
                            X