Zigbee Part of Z-Wave.me Will Not Initialize Still

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zigbee Part of Z-Wave.me Will Not Initialize Still

I have managed to get the z-wave part of this controller to work along with transferring all nodes to the new controller from the smartstick+. BUT I cannot get the zigbee radio to initialize. The ports are com5 for zigbee and com6 for z-wave. Not sure what to do from here. Any help appreciated. TIA

Anyone have any ideas as to why this part of the controller will not initialize? Any help appreciated. thanks

I did notice that node 1 still shows it as the smartstick+ by sigma instead of the Z-Wave.me by Nortec. Also the HomeID is the same as the old controller. COULD that be the problem? If so how do I fix this?

Would these steps be correct?
    1. Backup Interface
    2. Erase Interface
    3. Send Network Info to another controller and make primary (from backup)
    4. optimize no returns
    5. full optimize

Comment

I don't know for sure, but based on what I have read here, if you are trying to get HS4 to work with Zigbee, I think it is still a work in progress. From the Homeseer website: See guide for instructions and list of compatible devices
      HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
      Home Assistant 2024.3
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
      Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
      Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
      WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
      AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
        I don't know for sure, but based on what I have read here, if you are trying to get HS4 to work with Zigbee, I think it is still a work in progress. From the Homeseer website: See guide for instructions and list of compatible devices
        I get a error with that link. They must have moved it.

Comment

Frankly, I don't think it was ever there.
          HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
          Home Assistant 2024.3
          Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
          Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
          Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
          WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
          AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Ok,thanks anyway. Well that puts me back to square one. Who do I tag in the staff to ask this question to? I guess I need to go to the part of the forum where the staff sees these?

Comment

You might want to check your terminology. ZWave.me is a company that make Z-Wave products (USB, Razberry). No Zigbee ones.

Guessing you mean the Nortek HUSBZB-1?

Note that for the Nortek device, the Z-Wave and Zigbee radios are completely independent -- the only thing they have in common is that they're both wrapped in the same piece of plastic. So any issues you are having with one aren't going to be caused by the other (unless it catches fire or something )

Addressing some of your post #2 queries

I did notice that node 1 still shows it as the smartstick+ by sigma instead of the Z-Wave.me by Nortec.
              I believe Nortek was the manufacturer of the SmartStick+ at one point. Likely that the Z-Wave guts are the same.

Also the HomeID is the same as the old controller. COULD that be the problem?
              For Z-Wave, this is what it needs to be if you were restoring an existing interface. The HomeID is stored in each node at node inclusion, and it won't answer to any other HomeID after that (until its excluded of course).

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
                I have managed to get the z-wave part of this controller to work along with transferring all nodes to the new controller from the smartstick+. BUT I cannot get the zigbee radio to initialize. The ports are com5 for zigbee and com6 for z-wave. Not sure what to do from here. Any help appreciated. TIA
                I'm not sure what Zwave.me is or if thats correct (like the above poster mentioned) I have the Nortek HUSBZB-1 and have both zwave and zigbee working. the Z-Wave is pretty bulletproof though it did have to be reset once in 2 weeks so far to get my plugs and lock working again. But the Zigbee is maybe 50% reliable so far but i'm not sur eyet if thats a Homeseer Zigbee plugin issue or the radio issue. About half my products don't work reliably yet.

If you DO have the Nortek dual radio device, post what system your using it with (Operating system as well). I'm using mine on a dedicated laptop running windows 10.

Comment

Originally posted by dhod View Post

I'm not sure what Zwave.me is or if thats correct (like the above poster mentioned) I have the Nortek HUSBZB-1 and have both zwave and zigbee working. the Z-Wave is pretty bulletproof though it did have to be reset once in 2 weeks so far to get my plugs and lock working again. But the Zigbee is maybe 50% reliable so far but i'm not sur eyet if thats a Homeseer Zigbee plugin issue or the radio issue. About half my products don't work reliably yet.

If you DO have the Nortek dual radio device, post what system your using it with (Operating system as well). I'm using mine on a dedicated laptop running windows 10.
                  Yes I was calling it the wrong thing. It is the HUSBZB-1. I am using a laptop running W10 also. Z-Wave part is working. When I try to initialize the zigbee it just goes to the yellow question mark.

Comment

Yes I was calling it the wrong thing. It is the HUSBZB-1. I am using a laptop running W10 also. Z-Wave part is working. When I try to initialize the zigbee it just goes to the yellow question mark.
                    When you try to initialize the Zigbee radio in homeseer in the plugin or when you try to initialize the radio in device manager in windows 10?

What does it look like in device manager in windows? does it show installed ok or have a warning icon for drivers missing?

I used the same drivers for both zigbee and zwave radios to initialize them via manual driver installs. It was really 1990's style driver install in terms of user experience but it works so far.

Attached Files

Comment

The instructions I used for installing the Zigbee radio in windows 10 were from here: https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HS...e+Driver+Setup

I had no problem getting Zigbee to work it was Z-Wave that was confusing for me. I just ended up trying the same driver for the zwave radio and it worked using the same load process.

Comment

The instructions I used for installing the Zigbee radio in windows 10 were from here: https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HS...e+Driver+Setup

I had no problem getting Zigbee to work it was Z-Wave that was confusing for me. I just ended up trying the same driver for the zwave radio and it worked using the same load process.
                        The right side of the pic shows Zigbee Dongle. Where is that acquired from? The rest of the pic looks the same except I see com ports 5 and 6 which should be fine.

I followed those same instructions.

Comment

The right side of the pic shows Zigbee Dongle. Where is that acquired from? The rest of the pic looks the same except I see com ports 5 and 6 which should be fine.

I followed those same instructions.
                          the right side is the homeseer plugin configuration for the zigbee plugin. I just overlaid the device manager window over the chrome tab showing homeseer.

In my case com4 was zigbee com5 was zwave. doesnt really matter. Maybe remove and reinstall the zigbee plugin once the drivers are installed for the zigbee side.

Comment

the right side is the homeseer plugin configuration for the zigbee plugin. I just overlaid the device manager window over the chrome tab showing homeseer.

In my case com4 was zigbee com5 was zwave. doesnt really matter. Maybe remove and reinstall the zigbee plugin once the drivers are installed for the zigbee side.
                            I don't think the Zigbee plugin will start and be used until the zigbee dongle has been initialized. So getting the zigbee dongle to work will then let the plugin work. I am going to remove all zigbee and start over.

Comment

Well starting over made no difference, Same problem of not initializing. Any help from here would be appreciated. Not sure where to go from here. TIA

Comment

Working...
                              X