Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SmartThings Button

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Spud, can you tell me where Zigbee events are logged (e.g., when a button is pressed)? And can you tell me where the log file is when "Log To File" is enabled? Thanks!

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by david.i.tanzer@gmail.com View Post
      Spud, can you tell me where Zigbee events are logged (e.g., when a button is pressed)? And can you tell me where the log file is when "Log To File" is enabled? Thanks!
      The log file is Logs/Zigbee.txt
      Set the "File log level" to Debug if you want to see the messages and commands sent and received by the plugin.
      If you want a very detailed logging at protocol level, you can enable "ZigbeeNet Logging" from the settings page

      Comment


        #18
        Thanks, Spud! Works like a charm!

        Comment


          #19
          I just added my ST button to HS4 and I see what your screenshot shows, but the button presses don't show up (temperature and battery level work). Using the zigbee plugin for HS4 with a Nortek stick (z-wave & zigbee combined). I'm having the same issue as described here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...on-push-events

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by DebrodeD View Post
            I just added my ST button to HS4 and I see what your screenshot shows, but the button presses don't show up (temperature and battery level work). Using the zigbee plugin for HS4 with a Nortek stick (z-wave & zigbee combined). I'm having the same issue as described here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...on-push-events
            what do you mean exactly by "button presses don't show up" ? What is the status of the "Button Event" device?
            could you provide some screenshots and debug logs when you try t press the button?
            what is the exact model of your button?

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by spud View Post

              what do you mean exactly by "button presses don't show up" ? What is the status of the "Button Event" device?
              could you provide some screenshots and debug logs when you try t press the button?
              what is the exact model of your button?
              Sorry it took me so long to respond - When I press the button, the status on the "button event" feature of the device never changes. I've tried unpairing and re-pairing and gotten the same result. Which debug logs should I be looking at? I'm using HS4 and looking at Tools -> Log. Looking there I don't see anything when I press the button.

              Comment


                #22
                Here's the log when I added the button, but nothing since then, even though I've been pressing the button:

                Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-11-30 10_48_10-Log.png
Views:	20
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	1511171

                And it's the regular ST button, isn't there only one? I've had it for a long time, so it's probably an early generation if there are multiple.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Huh, I just did a "re-import" of the device via the zigbee plug-in and it worked! I'll post again if it stops again.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X