No announcement yet.

SmartThings Button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spud, can you tell me where Zigbee events are logged (e.g., when a button is pressed)? And can you tell me where the log file is when "Log To File" is enabled? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by david.i.tanzer@gmail.com View Post
      Spud, can you tell me where Zigbee events are logged (e.g., when a button is pressed)? And can you tell me where the log file is when "Log To File" is enabled? Thanks!
      The log file is Logs/Zigbee.txt
      Set the "File log level" to Debug if you want to see the messages and commands sent and received by the plugin.
      If you want a very detailed logging at protocol level, you can enable "ZigbeeNet Logging" from the settings page

Comment

Thanks, Spud! Works like a charm!

Comment

I just added my ST button to HS4 and I see what your screenshot shows, but the button presses don't show up (temperature and battery level work). Using the zigbee plugin for HS4 with a Nortek stick (z-wave & zigbee combined). I'm having the same issue as described here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...on-push-events

Comment

Originally posted by DebrodeD View Post
            I just added my ST button to HS4 and I see what your screenshot shows, but the button presses don't show up (temperature and battery level work). Using the zigbee plugin for HS4 with a Nortek stick (z-wave & zigbee combined). I'm having the same issue as described here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...on-push-events
            what do you mean exactly by "button presses don't show up" ? What is the status of the "Button Event" device?
            could you provide some screenshots and debug logs when you try t press the button?
            what is the exact model of your button?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

what do you mean exactly by "button presses don't show up" ? What is the status of the "Button Event" device?
              could you provide some screenshots and debug logs when you try t press the button?
              what is the exact model of your button?
              Sorry it took me so long to respond - When I press the button, the status on the "button event" feature of the device never changes. I've tried unpairing and re-pairing and gotten the same result. Which debug logs should I be looking at? I'm using HS4 and looking at Tools -> Log. Looking there I don't see anything when I press the button.

Comment

Here's the log when I added the button, but nothing since then, even though I've been pressing the button:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-11-30 10_48_10-Log.png
Views:	52
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	1511171

And it's the regular ST button, isn't there only one? I've had it for a long time, so it's probably an early generation if there are multiple.

Comment

Huh, I just did a "re-import" of the device via the zigbee plug-in and it worked! I'll post again if it stops again.

Comment

Working...
                  X