Zigbee device compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zigbee device compatibility

Thinking of switching from Hubitat to HomeSeer but I don't see most of my Zigbee devices on the compatibility list.

NYCE contact sensors (NCZ-3011-HA)
    NYCE motion sensors (NCZ-3041-HA)
    Kwikset 916 locks
    Centralite Smart Plugs (4200-C)
    Iris Smart Plugs (3210)
    Iris water sensors
    GE plug in dimmers (45852GE)
    GE Enbrighten Light Switches (43076)
    Leviton Light Switches (DG15S-1BW)
    Leviton Dimmers (DG6HD-1BW)
    Lightify 2 button dimmer (73743)

Thanks,

->g.

I don't think HST has committed to anything....

https://shop.homeseer.com/products/h...288f20c9&_ss=r
    HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
    Home Assistant 2024.3
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
    Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
    Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
    WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
    AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Do yourself a favor and use a Conbee2 and the JowiHue plugin for the widest coverage of zigbee devices. I'm on HS4 and even though the HS Zigbee plugin is "free" it's not worth the time and effort since the device coverage is sparse at this point. The developers of the Conebee2 USB stick and the developer of the JowiHue plugin are both constantly updating their products for the widest device coverage and fixing bugs.

HST can barely keep up with moving HS4 forward and fixing bugs, I doubt their Zigbee plugin will see any significant improvement in the near future.
      Sometimes "free" isn't always a bargain

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post
        Do yourself a favor and use a Conbee2 and the JowiHue plugin for the widest coverage of zigbee devices. I'm on HS4 and even though the HS Zigbee plugin is "free" it's not worth the time and effort since the device coverage is sparse at this point. The developers of the Conebee2 USB stick and the developer of the JowiHue plugin are both constantly updating their products for the widest device coverage and fixing bugs.

HST can barely keep up with moving HS4 forward and fixing bugs, I doubt their Zigbee plugin will see any significant improvement in the near future.
        Sometimes "free" isn't always a bargain
        +1 The jowihue plugin plus a conbee/deconz combo works very well. And you can install deconz and the conbee on a raspberry pi and run it over the network from anywhere like a ZNET module.

Comment

glc650 Maybe you could put all your zigbee devices on one HE hub and load MakerAPI on that HE hub. Load the mcsHubitat plugin on HS4. This way you can write events in HS and control the zigbee devices on the HE hub. I believe there are instructions with the mcsHubitat plugin on how to connect between the HE hub and HS through MakerAPI. I use this procedure on 4 HE hubs and all work great.

In case the instructions are not clear:

1. select your zigbee devices in MakerAPI on the HE hub
          2. select the blue link in MakerAPI "Get all devices with Full Details"
          3. Copy the URL address at the top of the screen
          4. paste that URL in the text box of the mcsHubitat Settings page
          5. stop/restart the mcsHubitat plugin
          6. devices should appear under the "Hubitat" Platform

Comment

cowinger Zigbee is unusable on HE so that isn't an option (and is why I'm looking for alternatives before I head back to ST). I just ordered a HomeTroller Pi and ConBee II. Hopefully one of the plugins, free or otherwise (JowiHue), works with my devices.

Comment

Originally posted by glc650 View Post
              cowinger Zigbee is unusable on HE so that isn't an option (and is why I'm looking for alternatives before I head back to ST). I just ordered a HomeTroller Pi and ConBee II. Hopefully one of the plugins, free or otherwise (JowiHue), works with my devices.
              Is it the devices that don't work with HE or is the problem the hub itself? Just curious.

Comment

I'm on my second HE hub and the radio constantly goes offline.

Comment

I am the plugin owner of the JowiHue plugin. I am checking your list of devices:

NYCE contact sensors (NCZ-3011-HA) - according to the github (Conbee 2 rest-API), support should be available
                  NYCE motion sensors (NCZ-3041-HA) - Unknown yet, but testing might reveil different
                  Kwikset 916 locks - There seems to be support for the 914 locks, not sure if they would be the same for 916 : https://github.com/dresden-elektroni...in/issues/3152. But on the plugin there is no support for locks implemented. If deCONZ supports the lock, we can work on it to implement it.
                  Centralite Smart Plugs (4200-C) - Not sure, they are not found on the github
                  Iris Smart Plugs (3210) - unknown (might work though)
                  Iris water sensors - lots of iris stuff is supported, but could not find the water sensor, a model number might help?
                  GE plug in dimmers (45852GE) - unknown
                  GE Enbrighten Light Switches (43076) - unknown
                  Leviton Light Switches (DG15S-1BW) - unknown
                  Leviton Dimmers (DG6HD-1BW) - unsure, could only find the DL6HD, which is supported
                  Lightify 2 button dimmer (73743) - The 4 button device works, would need to test the 2 button model

Any zigbee bulb should work with the plugin, the same might be valid on plugs, but only testing will reveil that.
                  For the official compatibility list, check https://www.phoscon.de/en/conbee2/compatible. For unofficial compatibility you need to search the github, this holds a lot more devices....
                  -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

A generic compatibility list that is user supported and not specific to a supplier is at https://zigbee.blakadder.com/

As w.vuyk indicated what is on the official support list vs. what is in the emerging support list are not always the same.

Comment

Received my HomeSeer HomeTroller Pi and ConBee 2 today. I've got the Pi all setup and registered and the ConBee is plugged into one of the 4 USB ports on the side. When I go to setup the Zigbee network the ConBee 2 is not listed in the interface drop down so how the hell do I get it listed there so I can use it?

Comment

I think HS uses the Nortek interface. ConBee is the one that is used by the JowiHue plugin. The Texas Instrument interface is used by Zigbee2MQTT and a few others. Nortek is also the one in Hubitat hub.

Comment

I don't understand. Everyone above recommended ConBee as if I had a choice but you are saying HS requires the Nortek? If I get the Nortek can I still use the JowiHue plugin?

Comment

I don't understand. Everyone above recommended ConBee as if I had a choice but you are saying HS requires the Nortek? If I get the Nortek can I still use the JowiHue plugin?
                            HS software is basically an event engine. To coordinate and control various types of devices it needs two things: hardware controller to talk to the network the device is on and a software "translator" (ie, a plug-in) to talk to the network controller. Not every plug-in talks to the same controller.

Typical setups:

Z-wave controllers: HS SmartStick+, Aeon Labs, Nortek combo controller
                            Software Plugin: HS Z-wave

Zigbee controllers: Nortek combo controller
                            Software plugin: HS Zigbee

Zigbee controllers: Conbee2
                            Software plugin: JowiHue

There are others I'm leaving out, but you should get the idea.

Also note that endpoint device support has to happen at both the controller and the plug-in, hence why many of us recommend staying away from trying to implement a diverse Zigbee network with the HS plug-in. It may be "free" but it is poorly supported at this point in time.

Comment

If your intention is to use JowiHue plugin then install that plugin. That plugin should then be able to find the ConBee interface. If your intention is to use the HS plugin then you will need Nortek.

Comment

Working...
                              X