issues with Aqara and Ikea devices + range issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

issues with Aqara and Ikea devices + range issues

Was lucky enough to get a nortek stick and some bulbs for xmas this year so i decided to give it a go.

the Sylvana RGB WW CW bulbs work great, but the range is not good, it seems to go 1-2 rooms max, which coming from zwave was a surprise.

the next thing is ive had an issue with Aqara and Ikea zigbee devices:

Atmos Version Original Aqara Smart Home Temperature & Humidity Sensor

https://www.banggood.com/Atmos-Versi...N&rmmds=search

these show up as temp only

Ikea TRÅDFRI
    https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/tradfri...trol-00443130/
    this shows up with no detail at all, just a base node.

i see the error in the log when trying to reimport them: Error while discovering supported Attributes for basic cluster for node zigbeenode

am i doing something wrong here or are they not supported?
    thanks
    Raptor
    Attached Files
    HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
    53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
    https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

For your Aqara device, Pressure and Humidity Measurement clusters are not yet supported by the plugin, but they should be fairly easy to implement so I plan to add them in the next version of the plugin (4.0.9)

For Ikean Tradfri device, the On/Off and Level clusters are only supported as Input Clusters and not as Output. This is on the roadmap as well, probably in the next version too.

Regarding the range problem: there are 3 types of zigbee devices: coordinator, routers, and end devices. The router devices can route traffic to other nodes, end devices do not route traffic, and coordinator is a special router that is responsible for forming the network, in our case it is the nortek stick.

Any battery operated device is likely to be a end device, so your Ikea and Aqara devices are probably in this category.
    The RGB bulbs could be either Routers or End devices, I guess it depends on the manufacturer. You can see what types they are from the logs when the plugin initialize, you should see something like that:

2020/12/27 14:53:21.831 INFO Node added: ZigBeeNode [IEEE=286D97000110D0C3, NWK=0x33B7, Type=END_DEVICE]
    2020/12/27 14:53:21.900 INFO Node added: ZigBeeNode [IEEE=000D6F0011E58825, NWK=0x0000, Type=COORDINATOR]
    2020/12/27 14:53:21.900 INFO Node added: ZigBeeNode [IEEE=286D9700010DDC3F, NWK=0xB6F7, Type=END_DEVICE]
    2020/12/27 14:53:21.900 INFO Node added: ZigBeeNode [IEEE=0017880104E15812, NWK=0x9C3E, Type=ROUTER]

The NWK value you see there is the same number that you see in the device name in HS, but in hexadecimal format.

So the more routers you have, better should be the range.
    I will make the Type information available from HS UI in the next version.

Comment

Thanks Spud, appreciate all your hard work here.
      53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Comment

Spud, any ideas when we should expect a new update on this plugin?

cheers
        Raptor

Comment

I have implemented Pressure and Humidity measurement, and I have ordered an ikea Tradfri remote in order to support on/off and level as output clusters. I should received it before end of January, so I expect to release a new version of the Zigbee plugin with all these fixes at beginning of February.

Comment

awesome thank you so much!

I purchased a few range extenders and that seems to be helping!

Comment

I received the Ikea Tradfri Remote and played with it a little, but supporting it in the plugin will take more work than I first thought.

I have just released version 4.0.9 of the plugin as a beta version which adds support for Relative Humidity and Pressure clusters.
              Please install and re-import your devices.

Comment

thanks Spud, i installed it today, i ended up resetting my network and starting over.

while i am able to see temp, pressure and humidity now i am getting the attached error.

weird thing is even with the error i am getting data.

ive also noted im my log im seeing devices marked as added that are not in the zigbee devices screen. they show as online a

raptor
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                  thanks Spud, i installed it today, i ended up resetting my network and starting over.

while i am able to see temp, pressure and humidity now i am getting the attached error.

weird thing is even with the error i am getting data.

ive also noted im my log im seeing devices marked as added that are not in the zigbee devices screen. they show as online a

raptor
                  Could you:
                  • enable log to file from the Settings page (with "ZigbeeNet Logging" enabled)
                  • disable the Zigbee plugin,
                  • from Task Manager make sure there is no ghost HSPI_Zigbee.exe process still running
                  • restart the plugin
                  • post or send me the log file Logs/Zigbee.txt
                  Thanks!

Comment

Thanks i have PM'ed you the log

Comment

Thanks for the logs. I fixed the errors I saw in the logs which were due to a type mismatch for an attribute of the Pressure Measurement cluster.
                      So please install and test version 4.0.10 released as a beta.
                      You will have to delete your aqara devices and re-add them for the errors to disappear completely.

Comment

thanks Spud, i updated the plugin, removed both sensors then readded them.

they are working but there is a new error in the log:

Error during the notification of commandListeners. "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

pls advise

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                          thanks Spud, i updated the plugin, removed both sensors then readded them.

they are working but there is a new error in the log:

Error during the notification of commandListeners. "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

pls advise
                          Could you send me the logs like you did the previous time. Thanks

Comment

i am unable to recreate this issue, ill keep you posted if it comes back, thanks

Comment

error came back, i have PM you the logs

Comment

Working...
                              X