Help the Zigbee newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help the Zigbee newbie

I have a customer with a hybrid system with some Z-wave devices, but also we're integrating legacy stuff (i.e. Insteon). He acquired a couple Zigbee devices and wants to integrate them into HS4. He also has an Alexa Echo 4th gen. I swear I saw that the Echo has an integrated Zigbee hub capability that could be linked into Homeseer thru the Zigbee plugin, (i.e. without the need for a dedicated Zigbee hub). But now that I'm trying to configure the plugin I can't find that info. Was it a fever dream? Or do I just help him set up the Echo-to-Zigbee capability and keep HS4 out of the loop?

I don't know if it is possible to use the Echo as a Zigbee hub, but even if it is, it's not possible for the Zigbee plugin to use it directly, the plugin needs a Zigbee dongle (either Nortek or Digi stick) to do anything useful.

Comment

dweingartner it's the echo plus which has the built in zigbee. You weren't dreaming. I'd ask in the jowiehue plugin thread if there's possibility to integrate with that awesome plugin.

Robert
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Thank you both. The customer decided to skip it and find z-wave equivalent devices instead.

Comment

Working...
        X