Nortek HUSBZB-1 & Hometroller Pi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nortek HUSBZB-1 & Hometroller Pi?

Question - Is the Nortek HUSBZB-1 compatible with the Hometroller Pi?

I'm trying to setup a new Zigbee thermostat (first time adding a Zigbee device). I just installed the zigbee plug-in and just learned I need to add the Nortek dongle to complete my plugin setup. Okay- ordered on Amazon and will arrive later today...done. However, I'm noticing on the Zigbee driver setup page it says to "install the drivers onto your HS4-powered Windows 7, 8 or 10 system."

Since I have a HomeTroller PI, isn't my OS linux, not Windows? Does this mean it's not compatible? If so, what are my options at this point?

I'm very new to all this so I appreciate any support.

I was informed somewhere else that the drivers are not necessary for a linux system. Doesn't seem to matter anyways as I learned thermostats are not yet supported on the zigbee plugin. https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...bee-thermostat

Hopefully see some support added soon. Anyone know if there is workaround for me? I specifically bought the synope TH1300ZB thermostat

Comment

Nortek HUSBZB-1 works out of the box with the Raspberry Pi. The Z-Wave radio will be accessed thru /dev/ttyUSB0 and the Zigbee thru /dev/ttyUSB1.

Comment

Yup. I plugged the dongle in and it worked out of the box. However it seems the plug in can only connect to and identify the zigbee thermostat, but doesn't appear to have any functionality. Any ETA as to when this will be available for homeseer?

Comment

Here's all it shows up as
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Sinope.png
Views:	503
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	1454178

Comment

Is there an advantage to using the Z-Wave radio on the Nortek HUSBZB-1 instead of the integrated controller in the HomeTroller Pi? If so, how do I select the Nortek HUSBZB-1 for Z-Wave?

Comment

Working...
            X