Can't set maximum brightness on Zigbee TS0505B blub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't set maximum brightness on Zigbee TS0505B blub

I've added some Zigbee TS0505B based GU10 bulbs but when I change colours I can't set it back to white with maximum brightness.

Features are:
    • On/Off/Toggle
    • Level Control
    • Colour Control
    • Hue
    • Saturation
    Matching colours from this site (HSL Selected (Hue, Saturation, Light) Color Codes (december.com)) works by setting Hue, Saturation and Level Control. But when I set to WHITE (Hue 0, Saturation 0 and Level Control 100), the colour is white but brightness is a lot lower.

If I delete the bulb from HomeSeer and re-add it then comes back in as the full brightness white.

Any suggestions on how to set white with maximum brightness ?

What is the brand of this bulb? I can't find it online, could you share a link?
    Is it a color bulb or a warm/cool white bulb?

Comment

Hi Spud,
      It is from Mercator and the actual bulb is GU10 Colour Globe RGB + CCT | IkuĆ¼ (ikuu.com.au)

There has been on some other discussion on Whirlpool - Mercator Zigbee Products - Smart home - Home tech - Whirlpool Forums

The bulb is RGB and CCT. The problem seems to be that I can set white in RGB mode, but RGB is a lot dimmer than CCT. And I don't have an option I can see in HomeSeer to set mode back to CCT like some other bulbs I have such as Tuya. So I think the problem is when I set a colour it changes to RGB mode and I can't set back to CCT mode for a full bright white.

Comment

If the bulb supports warm-cool white, the plugin is supposed to create a feature named "Color Temperature" with a slider, which apparently you don't have. I think using that slider would automatically switch the bulb to CCT mode.
        So from "PLUGINS > Zigbee > Manage Devices" click on your device and then RE-IMPORT. If the "Color Temperature" feature is still not created, please enable log to file at Trace level from the Settings page (with "ZigbeeNet Logging" enabled) do the re-import again then post the Logs/Zigbee.txt. Thanks

Comment

Thanks, re-import didn't help. Attached is log file.
          Attached Files

Comment

Your logs says your device does not support the "Color Temperature" attribute but I feel like it may actually support it, but the plugin fails to discover all the supported attributes because this device does not implement the discovering process properly. Since this device is not listed on the Zigbee Alliance website I have no way to know if I'm right, so let's try to force the plugin to create the Color Temperature feature

- stop the Zigbee plugin
            - edit the file Data/ZigbeeData.json/BC33ACFFFEE6F993.json
            - in this file look for "Color Control"
            - at the very end of the definition of the "Color Control" cluster you will see a SupportedAttributes property. Its value is a list of integers
            - add ",7" to this list of integers (7 is the id of the Color Temperature attribute)
            - save the file and restart the Zigbee plugin

it should create a "Color Temperature" feature with a slider for this device, try to use the slider and see if that fixes your brightness problem

if you don't know how to edit the json file, you can send it to me and I will do it for you.

Comment

Thank you. That worked.

Can set RGB colour via Hue, Saturation and Level Control. Then set back to full brightness white by setting Colour Temperature to 6528 K.

Comment

Great! Now I have to implement a workaround in the plugin for this device because it definitely doesn't implement the discovery process as in the specs.
                Could you post your BC33ACFFFEE6F993.json file?
                Thanks

Comment

Attached is the modified JSON with the Colour Temperature attribute.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X