Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are HomeSeer's plans to support the Zigbee Plug-in, servers going offline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are HomeSeer's plans to support the Zigbee Plug-in, servers going offline?

Got this email from Osram today.
    "On August 31st 2021, we will switch off the cloud servers, but not the lights - your LIGHTIFY system will keep its functionality but only within your home Wi-Fi.
    This means:
    Remote control, use of voice assistants and the use of external apps will no longer be working, but controlling your devices from within your home Wi-Fi will be kept unchanged"

Since the plugin appears to currently rely on the Lightify?Osram cloud based servers will the plug-in be updated to allow local network control?

That's just Osram, not Zigbee as a whole.

Comment

I control my Zigbee devices by a cheap Tuya Zigbee hub via the Tuya plug in. It works great.

Comment

That's all well and good but I have a significant investment in Lightify (Osram) products that the HSZigBee HS plugin was specifically created for. It would be nice NOT to need to spend $1000 replacing them with Hue products, which I also use on my HS controller/Network in another building. I would think since HS supplies and licenses this plugin, and which I paid for, that they would have an update so that Plugin users could use the local network API Osram just pushed to all it's controller prior to deprecation.

Comment

You will not need to replace anything but the old hub. You can buy the Zigbee stick and control those devices directly from Homeseer.

Comment

Or use the JowiHue plugin
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

i have 8 osram bulbs and honestly im having a hard time controlling them with the homeseer plugin and the zcombo stick. it just doesnt always seem to control the lights
              HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
              53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
              https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                i have 8 osram bulbs and honestly im having a hard time controlling them with the homeseer plugin and the zcombo stick. it just doesnt always seem to control the lights
                Are the Osram bulbs the only thing in your Zigbee network? It's not Homeseers fault, you just picked a bad product.

SmartThings engineering has investigated and determined that some of these brands, including the Osram, have a limited buffer size which can get flooded, causing messages that were due to be repeated to be lost. This probably explains the intermittent nature of the problem.

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/214191863-How-to-connect-OSRAM-LIGHTIFY-Bulbs 176
                Note: OSRAM LIGHTIFY bulbs have a known firmware issue that can occasionally cause them to fail as ZigBee repeaters. This can potentially cause other ZigBee devices to fail to update and/or respond.

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post

Are the Osram bulbs the only thing in your Zigbee network? It's not Homeseers fault, you just picked a bad product.

SmartThings engineering has investigated and determined that some of these brands, including the Osram, have a limited buffer size which can get flooded, causing messages that were due to be repeated to be lost. This probably explains the intermittent nature of the problem.

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/214191863-How-to-connect-OSRAM-LIGHTIFY-Bulbs 176
                  Note: OSRAM LIGHTIFY bulbs have a known firmware issue that can occasionally cause them to fail as ZigBee repeaters. This can potentially cause other ZigBee devices to fail to update and/or respond.

Interesting! i had no idea about that. i have the 8 bulbs, 4 plug in repeaters to make the bulbs work, and 2 temp sensors. I'll take a look at that article.
                  HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
                  53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
                  https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Working...
                  X