X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonos4 for HS4 just went live today!!!!

Use this sub-forum to post all issues related to the Sonos4 PI

As of today, there is no more beta version available, only the official version, which is licensened.

If you have been using the beta version, I had to manually stop it, go to the updater, select Sonos4 and select the remove option first, then the install version.

You will need a license to activate it! If you have been a beta user and you would like to use your 30 days of free trial, this may require intervention from the HS team to reset the trial, there seems to be some issue with the tools, eventhough the beta version was free and unlicensened, at some point the HS4 store started to count down your 30 day trial and you may have ran out.

I should have a HS4 subforum for issues with this Sonos4 version, we should all use that as soon as it is live for any Sonos4 related questions.

Hope you enjoy it.

Attached latest (as of Aug 18, 2021) help file
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Richel

I cannot get this plug in installed. I had been using the beta. I followed your instructions above (removed, added, registered via HomeSeer shopping). Got the message successfully installed and registered, but when I try to enable, it won't enable. It just grinds away for a few seconds and then is in the disabled position. It is version 4.0.1.1, running on Windows 10 HS4 Pro version 4.1.18.0.
    Did you accept the EULA? If you click on plugins->Sonos4->Accept, did you accept?

After you try to enable the plugin, do a refresh of the install page, what message do you see there for the plugin?

Have you checked the log file for error?

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

Did you accept the EULA? If you click on plugins->Sonos4->Accept, did you accept?

After you try to enable the plugin, do a refresh of the install page, what message do you see there for the plugin?
      "Reboot and rejoice!" I shut down HomeSeer and after restarting it, I was able to enable your plug in. Thanks.
      "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
      "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post

"Reboot and rejoice!" I shut down HomeSeer and after restarting it, I was able to enable your plug in. Thanks.
        HomeSeer moves in mysterious ways

Comment

I need a little help on this plugins integration with HSTouch. With the old plugin I displayed the Album Art and Song Title on a screen with control buttons under them. I have the control buttons but can not figure out how to display the other info. I've read the help file and can get it to display in a browser but not on a HSTouch screen.

Comment

Originally posted by StepDeb View Post
            I need a little help on this plugins integration with HSTouch. With the old plugin I displayed the Album Art and Song Title on a screen with control buttons under them. I have the control buttons but can not figure out how to display the other info. I've read the help file and can get it to display in a browser but not on a HSTouch screen.
            Would recommend you make new threads per issues.
            There should be no difference between HS3 or HS4 unless you were using in your screens the MediaAPI functions. For art you should (if I recall), put in a image object and link it to the HS device that represent the art. That device gets updated with an image URL so each time that changes, HSTouch will be informed about a device change and update the Image's URL which results in the update of your Art. Same goes for track info, use the homeseer devices that represent Album, Artist, Track.
            Makes sense? If not, screenshot your HSTouch design, showing how you designed the art object.

Comment

as HS4 is on a Fedora vm I am trying a full hs4 stop then start.

Comment

found the issue i think:

HomeSeer Updater
                Error
                This package requires version 4.1.16.0 of HomeSeer, and you have version 4.1.9.0 so the installation will not continue.

Hs4 does not think there are any updates so looks like I'll have to update manually to latest version.

Comment

Working...
                X