Sonos4 v4.0.1.2 Error in CreateHSFeature with Error HS4 v4.2.0.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonos4 v4.0.1.2 Error in CreateHSFeature with Error HS4 v4.2.0.5

Upgrade to HS4 v4.2.0.5 and now Sonos4 v4.0.1.2 is displaying Error - Error in CreateHSFeature with Error = Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: deviceRef

Note No Device Reference is returned

To test,
    1. Stopped Sonos4 PI
    2. Deleted all Sonos4 devices and
    3. Started Sonos4 PI
    4. New devices created
    Review logs and constantly returned the same log error.

Code:
    [LEFT][FONT=B612 Mono][COLOR=#FF0000][FONT=Roboto][SIZE=16px]9/10/2021 08:25:02[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/LEFT]

[FONT=B612 Mono][COLOR=#FF0000]Sonos4[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=B612 Mono][COLOR=#FF0000]Error[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=B612 Mono][COLOR=#FF0000]Error in CreateHSFeature with Error = Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: deviceRef[/COLOR][/FONT]

[LEFT] [/LEFT]

Also ref to https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...57#post1494757

Comment

I have tested this on a new clean SONS4 install and did not experience the same errors. AS the same were not encountered, I therefore suspect this is isolated to my system and not the SDK. I will rollback retest and report on the outcome.

Comment

I'm right now testing it, but I don't see any issue. Did you delete the Sonos4.ini (and .bak) file when you deleted the Sonos devices?

Sonos4 has now new code to try to figure out at start-up if devices were deleted manually, not sure it is all bulletproof and your steps is actually the most challenging. In the past, deleting Sonos devices from the device management page was a big no-no causing inconsistencies between the HS DB and the Sonos.ini file. In Sonos4, when the PI is running and the user deletes devices from the device management page, the PI will get events and will clean up the Sonos4.ini file. There is a check that runs at start-up to check for inconsistencies and tries to either fix them or remove them, I think that code does what it needs to do but i always fear the unexpected scenario, so best not to delete anything when the PI is not running unless you plan on never to use the PI again.

Anyway, if it comes back, you can always turn on the debug log so I can see what is happening.

Comment

Update: Confirmed this is an extant issue with and has been occurring for a while but not picked up by me.

No I forgot to delete the ini file and only did after I tested the clean installation. The clean up update to the ini was recorded in the logs and I did output verbose logs but it did not reveal anything underlying.

The errors appear back starting after a unexpected shutdown due to a power outage recently. This appears to have corrupted a number of ini files and at that point even my license fils.

All good now and thank you once again for the support.

Comment

Working...
          X