• Show
Clear All

After PI Update 4.0.1.7 Speak reads file location

Hey Dirk,

I have an event that has two actions,
    1) Speak an mp3 file
    then
    2) Speak text.

When I was on the HS3 version of this plugin it worked perfectly. Then when I updated to Sonos4 4.0.1.2 it would play the mp3 and not speak the text after. I have just updated to 4.0.1.7, now it will speak both but it will also speak the file location "C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS4" before it speaks the second action. When trying to figure this out, I removed the speak text action and just ran the event with the speak mp3 and it worked fine, then I removed everything except for the speak text and it read the text just fine. It will only happen if I have both the speak mp3 and speak text in the event.
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Can you post a screenshot of how exactly that event is built and if you tried different flavors, post the screenshot for each flavor with what you expect and what you experienced.
    If you hear the file name being spoken you 100% have a typo somewhere because a simple access to the file with the name you specified , failed hence the PI assumes it is text. This could be due to access rights, a typo or the file is locked.

Comment

If I run the below event, the sound will play and then HS reads out the file location, then it reads "Someone is at the front door".

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	135
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	1506219

If I run the below event, then the sounds plays and the file location doesn't get read out.

Views:	121
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	1506220

If I run this event, then HS reads out the sentence.

Views:	115
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	1506221
      From what I can tell there isn't any restrictions on the file. This file is on my hometroller and has full admin rights.

Views:	126
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	1506222
      Plugin's:

Comment

I’ll try later tonight but in your first example, you have actually 3 actions??? So sound, announcing the path, do announce, is that correct ?

While I try to recreate this, have you tried to combine this in one event and use the | separator (check help file)?

Comment

The Profit Ok, did manage to (also) screw this up while rewriting this code to support playFile. Stay tuned, working on fix.

Comment

The Profit
            Just posted v4.0.1.9 in beta section of updater. Sorry for the oversight and breaking this

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
              The Profit
              Just posted v4.0.1.9 in beta section of updater. Sorry for the oversight and breaking this
              Dirk, no need to be sorry about anything! As usual you go above and beyond!

I have disabled the Sonos4 PI and then went to the Plugins>Add screen, then clicked on the Sonos4 tile, then Reinstall and this is the error:

Views:	129
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	1506330
              Am I doing this process incorrectly?
              Plugin's:

Comment

There is an issue with HS4 that it keeps exe files locked. Try to manually disable it, upgrade and enable again. If that does work, disable PI, restart HS4 and upgrade should work

Comment

dcorsus Works perfectly!! Thank you!
                  Plugin's:

Comment

Working...
                  X