Loss of authentication information when network issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loss of authentication information when network issues

randy recently informed me he had found his system un-authenticated. After checking my own system I noted I had the same issue and was lucky enough to trace it back to a start-up event, where HS4 is comming on line but there are network issue, sure my case was after a power failure.
    The plugin upon an unsuccessful authentication request would assume that the tokens received prior are not valid anymore and therefore delete them and wait for the user to manually re-authenticate.
    So I rewrote this part a good bit, not tossing tokens aside, and re-attempt an authentication when needed for audioclip announcements.
    I posted version 4.0.1.11 in the beta section of the updater. i'll monitor it a little and them move it to the official release section.
    If you are a user of the audioclip based announcements, I would recommend you upgrade asap to avoid you lose authentication and you announcements will stop.

Dirk, thanks so much for posting this beta. I have two systems. Just a FYI, the beta would not install without disabling the old plugin (v4.0.1.9) and then also rebooting. Once I did that, it installed and fixed the auth issue!

Comment

Working...
    X