No announcement yet.

Long Speech Starts, Fails, Then Starts Over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tested all players separately this morning, and all stopped speaking after 28-29 seconds. When they failed, they all tried to replay the speech by "stuttering" the first one or two words, then stopping completely.
    • Sonos-Bedroom: 29 seconds.
    • Sonos-Garage: 29 seconds.
    • Sonos-Living Room: 28 seconds.
    • Sonos-Patio: 29 seconds.
    • Sonos-TV Room: 28 seconds.
    • Sonos-Office: 28 seconds.
    Thanks again for looking at this.

What if I rolled back to the HS3 Sonos PI just to make sure the speech still plays correctly, in case this is something that coincidentally cropped up at the same time I switched to Sonos4?

Comment

Originally posted by cfischer View Post
      I tested all players separately this morning, and all stopped speaking after 28-29 seconds. When they failed, they all tried to replay the speech by "stuttering" the first one or two words, then stopping completely.
      • Sonos-Bedroom: 29 seconds.
      • Sonos-Garage: 29 seconds.
      • Sonos-Living Room: 28 seconds.
      • Sonos-Patio: 29 seconds.
      • Sonos-TV Room: 28 seconds.
      • Sonos-Office: 28 seconds.
      Thanks again for looking at this.

What if I rolled back to the HS3 Sonos PI just to make sure the speech still plays correctly, in case this is something that coincidentally cropped up at the same time I switched to Sonos4?
      So don't "roll back", just run them side by side and when you are done, you disable the Sonos PI and manually delete all SONOS devices (not SONOS4) from HS. I would indeed be very curious, this really stumps me.

Comment

Well, the Sonos PI played all the way to the end of the announcement, the Sonos4 PI stopped after (you guessed it!) 28 seconds.

I disabled "Real-time protection" in Windows Security when I tested this.

As you said earlier, "WEIRD".

I guess I could use the old Sonos PI for long announcements...

Let me know if you have any other ideas (short of a clean install on a new PC...).

Comment

I'll look at the traces again, could you make me one more, different player perhaps, no linkgroup, just announcement direct to one player. So plugin debug level to errors and events, don't set UPNP debug level different from errors only, post the log. If you take the disk log, (this is only the pi), do check the HS log to make HS is not reporting some error or warning.
          Quickly back to basics, which HS4 version, Sonos4 PI version? I assume you keep your Sonos players updated to the latest SW and are not a beta tester?
          You are not a Deezer user?
          I'll check that log file you posted earlier again :-( Not giving up!

Comment

@#$!@#$@!##$$!!@@@

Why didn't I look at the timestamping in your logs as opposed the log entries.
            Set you max announcement timer to say 500 and try it again. I think at some point, I changed the timer cadence inside my PI to speed up things and what should be a 1 seconds timer expery seems to be 1/4 of that. DARNNNNN!
            So each time i looked at the log, I see the PI tearning down the annoucement for what I thought was 100 seconds but in reality it was only 25 ish!

Comment

Wait, I see another issue w the max announcement time, will issue beta release soon.
              My applogies for taking so much of your time for something I should have spotted in the first log file

Comment

Just posted version 4.0.1.12 in the BETA section of the updater. Please install and let me know it now took care of business.
                I would remove the HS3 variant, by:
                1. stop the PI
                2. use the uninstall function from HS3
                3. manually delete all HS devices created with interface "SONOS"

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                  Just posted version 4.0.1.12 in the BETA section of the updater. Please install and let me know it now took care of business.
                  I would remove the HS3 variant, by:
                  1. stop the PI
                  2. use the uninstall function from HS3
                  3. manually delete all HS devices created with interface "SONOS"
                  4. delete the sonos.ini file from the /config directory
                  5. If you want all gone, delete the sonos subdirectory under /html

Comment

cfischer I hope you haven't given up on Sonos4. Did you find the time to upgrade the PI and try again? If so, can you confirm it is solved?

Comment

Sorry for not getting back to you. I've been busy with a few other things and hadn't checked the message board.

No, I haven't given up!

In fact, I only had a couple of days left on the trial, so I purchased the plugin this morning (before I saw your posts!).

I had put a temporary workaround in place, using the HS3 plugin for long announcements, and the HS4 plugin for all the other announcements.

But, I had hope!

Congratulations, version 4.0.1.12 seems to have fixed the problem!!! I've run the long speech event that ALWAYS failed several times, and it worked correctly each time.

Don't beat yourself up. I've had plenty of "@#$!@#$@!##$$!!@@@" moments myself. Funny how all the symptoms make sense once you find the problem!

If I have any other issues after I remove all my "workarounds" and get rid of the SONOS PI, I'll let you know.

Thanks, again!

Comment

Working...
                      X