night sound on/off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

night sound on/off

was looking to enable / disable night sound for my TV on a playbar. However, i wasnt able to find the night sound option when creating an HS4 event. any ideas?

Are you selecting Sonos actions or device actions? It should be the latter

Comment

I am selecting Action: Sonos4 Action.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sonos.PNG
Views:	107
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	1535372

Comment

I see it now now. it is listed under regular device options, not the Sonos 4 Action

Name:	nightmode.PNG
Views:	112
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	1535381

Comment

I'm having a similar issue... I can't seem to find any way to control "Night Sound" or "Speech Enhancement" on a Sonos Arc (model s19) running v4.0.1.21 of the PI on a Win 10 PC running HS4 v4.2.16.0. I do not have any separate devices listed for Night Sound / Night Mode / Speech Enhancement. The Arc does show up as a device (with all other PI related controls and automation working just fine), but there are no controls listed for Night Sound / Night Mode / Speech Enhancement, so there is no option I can find for a relevant device action (either directly against the Arc controls, or against a dedicated Night Sound / Night Mode / Speech Enhancement device. I have tried removing the device from the PI, restarting the PI + and letting it re-import the device, but that did not resolve the issue. Any thoughts?

Comment

Are you displaying your devices in list mode or grid mode? Pick list mode. If all else fail, set PI function debug level to "events and errors", turn log to disk on, restart the pi, wait a few minutes until everything is discovered, disable log to disk and post the log file

Comment

Even in list mode I do not see any relevant controls or dedicated devices involving Night Sound. Sending log via PM now (I'm paranoid about public log posting). Thanks much!

Comment

Originally posted by AutomateAndThrive View Post
                Even in list mode I do not see any relevant controls or dedicated devices involving Night Sound. Sending log via PM now (I'm paranoid about public log posting). Thanks much!
                Did you allow the PI through your firewall in your HS PC? Simple check, do you see device states updates? (note this is NOT you being able to control a device from HS, this is the player state automatically updating in HS).

Comment

Good call, it was the firewall - I installed the plugin via a browser session on a separate PC (i.e. not directly from the HS4 PC), so I never saw the firewall popup. Dialog Level and Night Mode are both there now. Thank you for your help!

Name:	image.png
Views:	60
Size:	4.8 KB
ID:	1582062

Comment

Working...
                  X