Errors showing in Log and some issues recently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Errors showing in Log and some issues recently

I am having an issue with an event that seems to work sometimes and not other times. When the event runs it will group some speakers to the Kitchen Sonos and then play a playlist. It worked the other day and not today. I notice this error in the log:

ERROR in GetTimeNow for zoneplayer = Kitchen Sonos with UPNP Error = Read only tag / Transport is locked / Access denied. Error = MyUPnPService.InvokeAction for ServiceID = http://192.168.1.53:1400/xml/AlarmClock1.xml while sending Action = GetTimeNow for URI = http://192.168.1.53:1400/AlarmClock/Control and Request = UPNP Error = faultcode = s:Client, faultstring = UPnPError, detail = 800 with error = The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

Any ideas what is going on?

Originally posted by pcgirl65 View Post

Any ideas what is going on?
    Nope.

Maybe screenshots of player table, announcement group info, screenshot of event.
    Can you simulate this by running the event manually. If you can, can you take a trace?

Comment

I ran it from the event and it ran fine. No errors and the players grouped and played. I am not sure what the issue is but it doesn't seem to be the plugin. I will contact sonos and see if there is an issue with the Kitchen Sonos. Seems to loose connection every once in a while. One other question....when I look at the player directly from the Sonos plugin, I can't see any of my playlists that I have in my Sonos app. Where should these be showing? I think it should be showing on the right side but there isn't anything there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Player.png
Views:	131
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	1552157

Comment

What kind of playlists are we talking about? A playlist on a premium service like Spotify is not accessible to the PI, only when stored as a favorite or stored queues.

Comment

I will contact sonos and see if there is an issue with the Kitchen Sonos. Seems to loose connection every once in a while.
          If you go to the player table, it shows the # of disconnects. If you now click on the "setup/tools" icon (all the right) of that specific player, a "device property"page opens up, with a button on the top called "review". Now you are directly using Sonos embedded tools and click on "Network Matrix". This will show you the receive levels of each matrixed player. Use that to go to the Sonos forums or when you call Sonos to troubleshoot your network.

Comment

Thank you that is very informative. Looks like the Kitchen Sonos has 40 disconnects. I am talking about the playlists that I save to Sonos.

Comment

Thank you that is very informative. Looks like the Kitchen Sonos has 40 disconnects.
              I guess that would be your first concern. Is this player connected wireless or wired? Have you navigated into the Matrix View I described above? If the issue is with your wireless, you should see it there. If the wireless looks good, it could be a "network loop". How many of your players are wired, maybe describe your network? There are tons of postings about network loop issues if you have more than one player hard wired.

I am talking about the playlists that I save to Sonos.
              In this case it should work. So always the same drill, set debug level for PI function (NOT UPNP functions) to events and errors, pull up that navigation screen, click on favorites, what do you see? Nothing? Do you see an error in the log? Even if you don't, you can post the log file? Are there any content that shows when you navigate (favorites, ratiostations, songs, genres ?)

Comment

None of my players are wired. They are all wireless. I do have a sonos boost though that is wired. I have 10 sonos speakers and one sub. I don't really know how to make anything out of the Network Matrix so I am posting here. Maybe you can see something.

​
                I set the debug level and pulled up the navigation screen for Kitchen sonos and click on favourites but there isn't anything there. It just goes to Home/Genres. Same when I click on songs or artist or any of the options. There isn't anything there and there isn't any errors in the log. I have to upload a text file because lately when I try to paste something from the log, HS forum just sits there saying "Working" at the top but it never inserts the text.

sonos log.txt

Comment

None of my players are wired. They are all wireless. I do have a sonos boost though that is wired. I have 10 sonos speakers and one sub. I don't really know how to make anything out of the Network Matrix so I am posting here. Maybe you can see something.

​
                  I set the debug level and pulled up the navigation screen for Kitchen sonos and click on favourites but there isn't anything there. It just goes to Home/Genres. Same when I click on songs or artist or any of the options. There isn't anything there and there isn't any errors in the log. I have to upload a text file because lately when I try to paste something from the log, HS forum just sits there saying "Working" at the top but it never inserts the text.

[ATTACH]n1552331[/ATTACH]
                  Looking at the logs, when you clicked on radiostations, didn't you see 2 entries?
                  There are 0 genres in your DB, I assume you do not have any local content, is that correct? Perhaps only on-line services? In that case clicking on albums, Artists, Songs will not generate any entries either.
                  I did not see in your log, the selection for favorites or playlists?
                  To have the trace most complete... with the debug level set to "errors and events" can you first click on the "create music database now", wait for a minute or so and then navigate towards favorites and playlists. Once that is done, post log.

Comment

Did you forget to post the matrix? Best to screenshot it and upload as (hi resolution) picture. Did you see any red (hint :-))

Comment

Isn't that the Matrix that I posted above? I see red for the Boost and the Livingroom sonos. So what does that mean?

I do see two entries when I click on favourites but there should be a whole pile more. I have a lot of playlists saved in Sonos Playlists and I have more than one Radio Station saved as well. Here is the log after I ran the "create music database now". I didn't notice that before.

sonos4log.txt

Comment

Isn't that the Matrix that I posted above?
                        Did you upload a picture or cut/paste? If you cut/pasted in a picture or a link to a file on your local laptop, others cannot see it, on my screen there is just a blank area.
                        Red would mean that the wireless received levels between these 2 players is too low, but that doesn't immediately mean that things won't work. Sonos builds up a meshed network, so the Living room player could be reached via other players. Having that said, this meshed network, when it rearranges itself, fixed TCP connections tend to get lost and the player is lost and rediscovered by the PI. You wrote you see many disconnects for the Kitchen player in the player table, what about the other players? Did they also have a high count or was it just the kitchen player?

I do see two entries when I click on favourites but there should be a whole pile more. I have a lot of playlists saved in Sonos Playlists and I have more than one Radio Station saved as well.
                        I see 130 playlists and there should be 11 favorites. This might be an issue with displaying them. Do you have non-English characters (French perhaps) in the names?
                        Which browser are you using? If you use another browser, do you still see the same issue?

If you go to <hs root>/html/Sonos4/MusicDB, could you upload the files so I can inspect and test with those files.

Comment

I actually screen captured the Network Matrix and then downloaded it to a png file. Then I uploaded the attachment. I will do it again. Let's see if you can see it this time. I don't have any non-english characters in the playlist names except for maybe some "&" or apostrophes. I have tried looking at this on both Chrome and Edge on two different computers. Still the same. It doesn't display any of the playlists.

Name:	screencapture-192-168-1-53-1400-support-review-2022-06-16-12_28_17.png
Views:	99
Size:	443.3 KB
ID:	1552542

[ATTACH]n1552543[/ATTACH]

Comment

I actually screen captured the Network Matrix and then downloaded it to a png file. Then I uploaded the attachment. I will do it again. Let's see if you can see it this time. I don't have any non-english characters in the playlist names except for maybe some "&" or apostrophes. I have tried looking at this on both Chrome and Edge on two different computers. Still the same. It doesn't display any of the playlists.

Name:	screencapture-192-168-1-53-1400-support-review-2022-06-16-12_28_17.png
Size:	443.3 KB
ID:	1552542

[ATTACH]n1552543[/ATTACH]
                            Yep can see it now and looks pretty good. In the player table, do you see disconnects only from the Kitchen player or for all? If just the Kitchen player, you may indeed want to check the power connection or maybe it is a problematic unit.

I'm not going to look at the DB, thanks for uploading

Comment

Don't seem to have an issue with your DB

Name:	browse1.png
Size:	165.1 KB
ID:	1552550

Name:	browse2.png
Views:	97
Size:	200.9 KB
ID:	1552551