Sonos Volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonos Volume

I have an event that plays an mp3 file on my Sonos to act as a doorbell. Before I play the mp3, the volume of the Sonos is set to something suitable for the doorbell to be heard. However, if I had been using the Sonos to play music at a different volume when the doorbell event occurs, then that volume setting is lost. Is there some way to save off the current volume setting, run my doorbell event, and then restore the previous volume setting? Perhaps with a script?

Maybe post screenshots of your events, so we see how they are built.

You actually should be able to do this in one speak action by separating your doorbell mp3 with a | character followed by your text to speak. Is it in the help file how you do that and then you great an announcement group with the proper volume or did you want the volume of the "doorbell" to be louder then the speaking?

Comment

Well, I just answered my own question. The solution was, Spud's EasyTrigger plugin!

Comment

dcorsus, ah, I forgot about Sonos4 groups! So I can set the group volume to my value and then just play my .mp3 on that group, and the "regular" Sonos value won't be changed, is that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by david.i.tanzer@gmail.com View Post
          dcorsus, ah, I forgot about Sonos4 groups! So I can set the group volume to my value and then just play my .mp3 on that group, and the "regular" Sonos value won't be changed, is that correct?
          The "regular" setting will be restored after the announcement, and you can do this in ONE action, which should work best, using the | character in your text to separate out the announcement pieces.

Comment

dcorsus, thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X