No announcement yet.

SiriusXM Track & Artist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, just found another small issue. Posted beta .18, see if this takes care of business, if not post that log again

Comment

Ran the same 2 tests as above using .18 - one running 2 stations, the other over a track change on one station. Good news is that Artist and Album are now populating their devices and updating at each track change! The bad news is that the track device is still populating with Artist-Track, and does not update upon track change.

The 2 logs are attached.

By the way, I've had an issue updating the plugin the last few times. I disable the plugin and click on update, but HS throws a message that it won't let me update until I disable the plugin. I've had to restart HS with the plugin disabled and then it lets me update.
      Attached Files
      Mark

Comment

I think I know what the problem is. Isn't in v.18 the track info representing the radio show name (not Sirius channel) or something? Classical case where Sonos reports information that makes total sense for some source but conflicts for other. Could you confirm before I post a new beta

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
          I think I know what the problem is. Isn't in v.18 the track info representing the radio show name (not Sirius channel) or something? Classical case where Sonos reports information that makes total sense for some source but conflicts for other. Could you confirm before I post a new beta
          Looking at your other postings, it looks to be a bit all over the place. Just posted v.19

Comment

Originally posted by Mark S. View Post
            By the way, I've had an issue updating the plugin the last few times. I disable the plugin and click on update, but HS throws a message that it won't let me update until I disable the plugin. I've had to restart HS with the plugin disabled and then it lets me update.
            Old HS4 issue they never were able to fix. You have to indeed restart HS4 to "unlock" the HSPI_SONOS4.EXE hold so it can be overwritten by the installer. HS4 issue .....

Comment

WOOHOO! Looks like you got it with Beta.19. The track device is now just the title of the song. Artist and album are also correct. All devices are updating about a second after the change on the Sonos app, which is delayed a few seconds but that is clearly a Sonos/Sirius issue. I tried multiple stations (yes there have historically been differences between stations) and they all seem to work the same, even the news stations populate well enough. The SiriusXM integration now seems to be working as it used to.

Thank you so much for your patience and work in maintaining this plugin.
              Mark

Comment

Hey Dirk .... agree with Mark above .... Huge fan of your work.

I also had the issue reported .... am seeing the same correct updates in .19.... Excellent

Am seeing what is perhaps more of a oddity then an issue in the track length and track position in Sirius stream.
                As indicated in the screen below both are 00:00:00 but the track length flashes a random number in the minutes of the track position resetting ro 00:00:00 quickly.
                You can see that the summary also indicated it was updated during the duration of the song

Not a big deal, just awareness

Chris

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	151.4 KB ID:	1570475

Comment

[QUOTE=dcdelong;n1570474]Hey Dirk .... agree with Mark above .... Huge fan of your work.

I also had the issue reported .... am seeing the same correct updates in .19.... Excellent

Am seeing what is perhaps more of a oddity then an issue in the track length and track position in Sirius stream.
                  As indicated in the screen below both are 00:00:00 but the track length flashes a random number in the minutes of the track position resetting ro 00:00:00 quickly.
                  You can see that the summary also indicated it was updated during the duration of the song

Not a big deal, just awareness

Chris

can you post a log :-)?

Comment

Sure .... let me know if what I grabbed is helpful....
                    Attached Files

Comment

The info doesn't show it, but the log seems to suggest a bunch of player are grouped, is that so?

Who do these references belong to?
                      10/12/2022 3:47:42 PM : LOG_TYPE_INFO - SetFeatureStringByRef called with Ref = 2981 and NewValue = 00:01:25
                      10/12/2022 3:47:42 PM : LOG_TYPE_INFO - SetFeatureStringByRef called with Ref = 3021 and NewValue = 00:01:25
                      10/12/2022 3:47:42 PM : LOG_TYPE_INFO - SetFeatureStringByRef called with Ref = 3002 and NewValue = 00:01:25
                      10/12/2022 3:47:42 PM : LOG_TYPE_INFO - SetFeatureStringByRef called with Ref = 3097 and NewValue = 00:01:25​

I see another issue (I think) with Sonos. It reports and event with track info w track length of zero but when the plugin retrieves the positioninfo it seems to indicate it somewhere in a track. Usually the track-length is provided or it is set to zero for radio, tv type of input. So it goes to zero because of one event, if goes back to some number because retrieving it from the player show non-zero.

I do see a lot of updates, need to study that part but that wouldn't solve your issue

Comment

Yep, I have 16 Sonos devices. 8 of which are generally grouped together 24x7 playing Pandora in the background from Sonos. That seems to work as designed. The Sirius stream is playing through a Sonos Port that is not grouped. That is were I noticed the track issue.

Helpful?

Comment

Originally posted by dcdelong View Post
                          Yep, I have 16 Sonos devices. 8 of which are generally grouped together 24x7 playing Pandora in the background from Sonos. That seems to work as designed. The Sirius stream is playing through a Sonos Port that is not grouped. That is were I noticed the track issue.

Helpful?
                          OK, I need to relook at the log, I suspect it was tainted with events coming from other players. What is the name and UDN of the Sonos Port I'm looking for. Alternatively you can take the log again but make sure the other players are all paused.

Comment

The UDN is RINCON_38420B836CA601400 of the one you want ..... I thought I turned off the others ... what me to grab another log?

Comment

Ok, now that I know what to look for, the answer is still the same unfortunately. All events FROM Sonos show track duration to be zero but a call FROM the PI to the player to get some additional information when that event happens, retrieves a track position which is different from zero and you have some ping ponging going on.
                              When you look at the Sonos Controller APP, do you see track length and track position when you play this specific SiriusXM content? It might be an oversight in Sonos' implementation not to convey track duration. The PI uses the track duration for position sliders and % played and with a zero duration, it can't do that.

Comment

Good Morning,

The Sonos app does not reflect the track length or position on the Sirius stream. I (for N=1) would be fine with not that if it would help calm the ping ponging. I am assumptive that would cause some inefficiency.

Appreciation all around

Comment

Working...
                                X