Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pushover sounds

Hi,

I have been using the HS3 version of the Pushover Plugin for many years. Will the new version allow the user to select different mp3 files to be sent? The 21 sounds are very limiting and I have many different pushover events. I have already purchased the HS4 version, will the transfer between the older version and the new version be easy?

Thanks,

Ronnie

Hi!

Yes, the new version supports custom sounds. They have to be MP3, max 500kb and max 30 seconds. Upload them on the pushover.net site and then they can be selected from the Pustover events.

And sorry, but all event actions have to be recreated. The HS3 version was created by another developer so no migration possible. However, I made sure both versions run side-by-side, so you can migrate at your own peace, as you can run both versions at the same time.

Thanks!
    stefxx

Comment

Good afternoon! I just purchased this plug-in and installed it. It seems to work fine except it won't play custom sounds. I uploaded a 52KB mp3 file that is about 5 seconds long to the pushover site and it plays fine on the site. I can select the custom sound in the Pushover plug-in but it always plays the Pushover (default) sound instead. Is there something else that needs to be done on the user end to play the custom sounds? Thanks in advance! Craig

Comment

Hi! That's weird. I've just re-tested both the latest release and beta and it works fine on both for me. What version are you currently using?

There is nothing special that needs to be done. If you can select the custom sound from the event, it is properly configured and it should work.

What device are you testing on? I use an Android 11 device, unfortunately I don't have currently access to an Apple device but there is no reason why it shouldn't work on that.

Here is one of the MP3 files I use to test: https://download.samplelib.com/mp3/sample-9s.mp3
        stefxx

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm using an iPhone 12 Pro. I uploaded your mp3 file to Pushover.net and refreshed the plug-in so that the new custom sound displayed. I then created a test event using your mp3 as the sound and it still only plays the Pushover (default).

PROBLEM SOLVED: I updated the Pushover App from the Apple App Store and it works just fine! That might be a good tip to put in a sticky note for iOS users.

Cheers! Craig

Comment

Great! Good to know!
            stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
              Hi!

Yes, the new version supports custom sounds. They have to be MP3, max 500kb and max 30 seconds. Upload them on the pushover.net site and then they can be selected from the Pustover events.

And sorry, but all event actions have to be recreated. The HS3 version was created by another developer so no migration possible. However, I made sure both versions run side-by-side, so you can migrate at your own peace, as you can run both versions at the same time.

Thanks!
              You rock stefxx! Thank you for taking up the mantle on this plugin. I use pushover for a ton of stuff.

Comment

Just started using this HS4 version of the Pushover app on my HS4 system.

I also have have a problem with uploaded sounds.
                I uploaded a 4 sec long mp3 and can play this sound on the sound-edit page of the pushover.net website.
                But it does not appear in the pull down list if I set a message in an event.

Is it perhaps the app on my android phone (Samsung, S10, Android 12)? I am using version 3.7.13 of the Pushover app.

Anyone an idea where to look for the solution?
                Thanks
                -- Cor --

Comment

Sounds are being retrieved at plugin startup or refreshed manually in the plugin setup. Did you "refresh" the sounds in the setup (or restarted the plugin)?

Thanks!
                  stefxx

Comment

Right, thanks, that did the trick!

Comment

Great plugin. Thanks, stefxx!

Comment

I wanted to echo DLONG2 comments about plugin. This plugin works so fast! This solved my problem so well. I only wish I had found it earlier!

Great work!

Comment

Working...
                        X