Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New feature suggestion: enable/disable device

stefxx

I have been working with the original Pushover 3P plugin for the last 8 or + years and I specially like the feature where there was a plugin device with wich we could turn On/Off the sending of Pushover messages.

I mostly use Pushover to send me either notification from cameras or Log errors. Sometime, when **** happens with Homeseer, the system could be sending me tons of Pushover messages, if this happens while I am away, I could easily, with a push of a button on my HomeRemote app turn off the Plugin and stop being flood with messages.

I know some will say I could build a virtual device that could be monitored by an event in wich a script could turn off the plugin Bla, Bla, Bla ... but I feel that the idea in the original Plugin was straightforward and I think most plugin should offer this option.

What do you think ?

I don't intent to make an exact copy of the current HS3 plugin; however I understand the request. Let me see what I can do!
    stefxx

Comment

Thanks for looking into this and have a Merry Christmass

Comment

Feel free to start unpacking your early Christmas present and install the latest Pushover beta. It might contain something you want!

Give it a try and give me some feedback. Thanks!
        stefxx

Comment

Wow, that was fast, I am actually out of home so should be able to play with it tommorow, thanks

Comment

stefxx A you took time to look at my request on chriistmass evening, the least I could do was at least look at your work and provide rapid comments. I took time to connect and check at this with my tablet, I see that you implemented the fonctionnality at the "Application" level wich is very good but could it also be available at the "Instance" level also ? this way we could, with one switch, turn off all Pushover messages sent to any applications.

Comment

Christmas evening is yet to start here... so don't worry.

Personally I believe this is the best implementation, as it offers maximum flexibility. And it fits nicely in the framework as it is now. Also, HS4 is flexible enough to make a single "switch" (or event) to accomplish what you need. If it is just an emergency switch, you can also go into the setup of the plugin and disable the complete Instance there.

Unless I get many more requests for a "single switch", I will leave it as is for now.

Happy holidays!
              stefxx

Comment

Very well, i'll manage, thanks a lot

BTW, there seems to be an issue with managing accents in message text and message title, if I type in "é" the caracter is changes to "?" when I save the event, let say I want to send "Bruno a ramassé le courrier" this is changed to :

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	1516371

Comment

That is a known issue, I have to wait for HomeSeer for a solution: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...and-%C3%AB-etc
                  stefxx

Comment

Working...
                  X