Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to get Pushover Event Action working

NEVER MIND. Had duplicate instances.

Back in HS3 days I used to use Pushover a lot. After I upgraded to HS4 for some reason it stopped working so I uninstalled it and lived without it.

Now I have just purchased the HS4 version. Setup went well and since I already had a Pushover account I used the same User and Application tokens as I used before.
    When I try to create a Pushover event action I get an error when selecting the Message Type.

Unable to save changes : A view with an ID=212-6170-label-u5bbovd2w311ub99f6ppkk2apkftw8 already exists in the collection.

I'm guessing that somewhere there are a few bits left over from when I used to use it. Can you help?

MESSAGE BOARD COPY SECTION FOR FORUM POSTS
    Date/time 8/12/2022 1:29:25 PM CDT
    Version HS4 Standard Edition 4.2.14.0 (Linux)
    MONO Version Mono JIT compiler version 5.20.1.19 (tarball Thu Apr 11 09:14:25 UTC 2019)
    License Registered
    Confguration File /usr/local/HomeSeer/Data/HomeSeerData.json
    Uptime 6 Days 0 Hours 19 Minutes 44 Seconds
    Lan IP 10.0.1.5 (hometrollerSEL)
    Device Count 171
    Event Count 118
    Plugins Enabled PHLocation:,drhsIpPlugIn:,BLOccupied:,Z-Wave:,EasyTrigger:,Z-Wave UI:,MNS Insteon:,Pushover:
    Modules/Threads 107 Modules, 63 Threads
    Available Threads 199
    HomeSeer Memory Used 124 Mbytes
    Plugins Installed BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,drhsIpPlugIn 0.0.0.31,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.74,MNS Insteon 4.0.4.0,PHLocation 3.0.1.109,Pushover 4.0.7.0,Z-Wave 3.0.10.0,Z-Wave UI 1.0.0.0

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 1.22.36 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	122.0 KB ID:	1561630

I think I've seen this error before once. That was someone that has the same User Key and Token by mistake, if I remember correctly.

Is there anything duplicate in your setup (a device/client name or whatever)?

And it can't have anything to do with a previous HS3 plugin installation, the HS4 version is completely different and independent.

Thanks!
    stefxx

Comment

Looking at the code, this can only happen when you have 2 instances pointing to the same Pushover configuration (and thus having using the same User Key).

I really need to prevent this in the guided setup. For now, please check if this is the case and remove one of those instances to fix this.

Thanks!
      stefxx

Comment

Yes, I did that, that's how I got it working. If you want to prevent this from happening in the future, don't create a default instance called "Pushover" using the user's token.Everyone does this different I'm sure, but I created Andy's Pushover during the setup. When the setup was complete I had a "Pushover" instance and a "Andy's Pushover" instance, both of which used the same user token.

Thanks for a really great plug-in.

Comment

The plugin doesn't create a "default" instance. Not sure where that is coming from. Either way, I've already make a change to the plugin that prevents creating more than one instance with the same key, so when that is released in the upcoming weeks it can't happen any more.

Thanks!
          stefxx

Comment

Working...
          X