Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Send Notification to Group

Hello,
    I've been trying out the Telegram Plugin, (Thank you btw) Currently when it sends me a notification, it sends it to me individually and to the Group the bot is in. Is there a way so it just sends it to the Group only?

Hi! Thanks for trying the plugin!

Interesting that you receive the notifications twice. I've tried to create the plugin in a way that the notifications would be received as individual notifications (my primary intent is to use it as a notification system, like I am currently doing with Pushover). Why would you use a group for this?
    stefxx

Comment

I was adding my wife and I, to a group chat so we both see the Notification instead of individually, Because my next step was to see if it's possible is to send a command for HS4 to trigger an event. For example, my kids are notorious for going to school and forgetting to lock the door. When we get a notification after 10 minutes of the door being unlocked, we get the warning, and we can send a command to trigger the door lock. That way we both know one of us did it.

I also realize, that I can just create an event that after 10 minutes to lock the door. Either way I love the plugin, and intend on purchasing it. Thank you again for investing the time into this!

Comment

You could go crazy and create a "Reply Markup" asking if you want the door to lock. And based on that event trigger you could notify others that you've locked the door

But your solution is simpler indeed!
        stefxx

Comment

Hey I like that idea too. I'm certainly going to play with it and see what works best!

BTW, if you're interested in the current behavior, It does send the notification to me and the Chat group my wife and I are in. But luckily it doesn't send the notification individually to my wife. So right now I just have the one one one chat with the bot to mute.

Comment

Let me know. It is a new plugin, so I am very open for feedback and suggestions! And there must be a bug or 2 as well
            stefxx

Comment

Working...
            X