Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use Case Examples?

Stumbled on this plug in recently.

I was recently relying on text messaging via email to XXXX@vtext.com (Verizon) and it became so spotty and sporadic that I had to stop because messages were being delayed by hours and hours.

My wife and I already use Telegram to chat throughout the day, so this was an easy transition.

HS now sends us reminders and alerts throughout the day.

One of the use cases I have is to notify me when the garage door is open for X minutes and then allows me within Telegram to simply respond by hitting the reply button to have the garage door close.

Any interesting use cases out there?

We use Pushover, but basicallt the same functionality. My son is the designated "Roomba Master". He gets notifications of the various states and activities of the Roombas so he knows when to empty bins, clean rollers, etc. I've also tied jon00's Quick Reminders utility for sending one-off reminders.
    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
      We use Pushover, but basicallt the same functionality. My son is the designated "Roomba Master". He gets notifications of the various states and activities of the Roombas so he knows when to empty bins, clean rollers, etc. I've also tied jon00's Quick Reminders utility for sending one-off reminders.
      That's pretty cool. I didn't know about jon00's plugin. I will check it out. Thanks for the suggestion.

Unfortunately, my oldest is 7 and I'm not giving her a phone anytime soon just so I can send her messages to do what she's supposed to. :-)

Comment

Great thread. kenm the biggest difference between Pushover and Telegram (apart from the platform) is the possibility to have 2-way communication with Telegram. So you can send commands but also send "replies" on notifications and act upon them. Those could be multiple choice or free text. That is what makes the Telegram plugin very powerful.

Keep the ideas coming!
        stefxx

Comment

Thank you stefxx for clarifying that point. While I don't have a need for two-way currently, I'll definitely keep that in mind.
          "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Still, more use cases would be nice to read 😉

Comment

Working...
            X