Open Garage door when arriving home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open Garage door when arriving home

I’ve ordered my Tesla and recently found out that they don’t already have homelink installed….surprising for a luxury car at its price. I’m wondering what would be the best option, to order the homelink add on or is it possible to use this plugin to trigger an event for arriving/leaving home?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

I don't know about the Tesla plugin or if it had geo location services. But HSBuddy, which is free, has GeoFencing and you can trigger events based on your phone entering or leaving any defined location including home, work, etc.

Comment

Due to recent but serious token management issues, the Tesla PI has become unreliable for me. For best ownership experience, I would go with the Tesla integrated HomeConnect upgrade if you can.
      Last edited by Dan the LAN man; July 25, 2022, 04:27 PM. Reason: SOLVED: As soon as I installed and activated the BETA version of skWare Technologies (shill) Tesla Vehicles Software Plugin for HS3 (as recommended by Shill), I no longer have Tesla Token Authenticati

Comment

So am I understanding correctly that there have been some consistent issues using this plugin with the Tesla API?

Plugin's:

Comment

Originally posted by Dan the LAN man View Post
          Due to recent but serious token management issues, the Tesla PI has become unreliable for me. For best ownership experience, I would go with the Tesla integrated HomeConnect upgrade if you can.
          Can you please contact me with your issues so I can resolve it? After switching to Tesla UI for login(first time) it is working good for me. But if you are having issues I would like to resolve it

The Profit the plugin includes location, so you could make something out of that. I have not tried it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by salvesen View Post

Can you please contact me with your issues so I can resolve it? After switching to Tesla UI for login(first time) it is working good for me. But if you are having issues I would like to resolve it
            Salvesen: The apparent fact Tesla recently modified access tokens to expire after eight hours renders the Tesla PI for HomeSeer unusable on an unattended 7x24 basis. If you are aware of this limitation and have a bypass or just a non-tedious means of refreshing + reentering fresh 8 hour SSO Access Tokens which "resolve it ", I'll listen!

Comment

Originally posted by salvesen View Post

The Profit the plugin includes location, so you could make something out of that. I have not tried it myself.
              Teslaseer 1.0.0.7 is now fixed for this. It will refresh every 7 hourish

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
                I’ve ordered my Tesla and recently found out that they don’t already have homelink installed….surprising for a luxury car at its price. I’m wondering what would be the best option, to order the homelink add on or is it possible to use this plugin to trigger an event for arriving/leaving home?

I would get the homelink installed. I did. Arriving, maybe you could get something to open the door. After leaving, you could get it to close. However, what are you going to do to open/close it when you are still in the garage before leaving or after parking?

Using this, the other tesla plugin or any plugin that uses a non-officially supported API is always going to be a risk if they decide to change things and break it. I don't know if there is a standard disclaimer for this in the store. Certainly, you will want to make sure the dev is always putting in time to keep on top of changes the vendor makes to the API and finding work-arounds.
                - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                Web Site
                YouTube Channel

Comment

BTW, it is still nice to have a plugin because you can do things like reminding to plug in if you forgot and announce when you have completed the charge and many other useful things.
                  - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                  Web Site
                  YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by tpchristian View Post
                    BTW, it is still nice to have a plugin because you can do things like reminding to plug in if you forgot and announce when you have completed the charge and many other useful things.
                    I ended up buying the Homelink, The dev for this plugin doesn't seem to be around anymore so I decided not to purchase this plugin. Who wrote the other plugin that you referenced?

Plugin's:

Comment

Working...
                    X