Alarm Panel in HSTouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alarm Panel in HSTouch

Trying to get the Alarm Panel to show up in HSTouch. In HS3, it used to be with text with AllowNavigation and IsHTML with:
    Code:
    http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/blsec?page=blsecpanel
    This doesn't seem to be the case in HS4 though.

Originally posted by Esek11 View Post
    Trying to get the Alarm Panel to show up in HSTouch. In HS3, it used to be with text with AllowNavigation and IsHTML with:
    Code:
    http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/blsec?page=blsecpanel
    This doesn't seem to be the case in HS4 though.
    I've also tried
    Code:
    http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/BLSecurity/alarmpanel
    but with no luck.

Comment

I don't know the answer to your question but here is one other thing to consider. If you have an electronic door lock have the alarm system disarm when a correct code was entered. When you exit have an "Away" button which arms the system. That way you pretty much never have to enter any code at all, well except for the door lock.

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
        I don't know the answer to your question but here is one other thing to consider. If you have an electronic door lock have the alarm system disarm when a correct code was entered. When you exit have an "Away" button which arms the system. That way you pretty much never have to enter any code at all, well except for the door lock.
        I like that approach. We usually come through the garage though and seldom use the front door which I do have a z wave lock on. With that said, I suppose I could do something where when the garage door opens (which is monitored with Insteon) it disarms the system.

I have young kids who I'm worried will push the away and home buttons to arm the system if I don't have them protected with a lock screen like in HSTouch. If the Alarm Panel isn't able to show up in HSTouch with the HS4 plugin, I might just do as you suggested and find a solution along those lines.

Comment

We do this - it was redundant to enter the door lock code then immediately disarm the alarm which is right inside the door.
          HS4Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi4
          72 Z-Wave Nodes, 111 Events, 422 Devices
          Z-Wave, UPB, WiFi
          Plugins: EasyTrigger, weatherXML, OMNI, Z-Wave, Tuya, Device History
          HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Originally posted by Esek11 View Post
            <snip>
            I have young kids who I'm worried will push the away and home buttons to arm the system if I don't have them protected with a lock screen like in HSTouch. <snip>
            I think there is some function to protect certain HSTouch screens. It has nothing to do with the alarm system but just protecting a screen. I have never used this but you might want to look into this. I also recall a thread some time ago where the font of some code entry screen was super small to the point where you could hardly see it. I don't recall if that was regarding security systems or the screen protection. Sorry, it is kind of vague but just wanted to give some pointers.

Comment

I think there is some function to protect certain HSTouch screens. It has nothing to do with the alarm system but just protecting a screen. I have never used this but you might want to look into this. I also recall a thread some time ago where the font of some code entry screen was super small to the point where you could hardly see it. I don't recall if that was regarding security systems or the screen protection. Sorry, it is kind of vague but just wanted to give some pointers.
              Yeah you can add a passcode to screens in HSTouch. It would be nice to have an alarm panel already created like it was in HS3 vs having to build one again for HS4 but it is possible. Just hoping to save time.

Comment

I am sure the panel customisation options will come. This is early days for the HS4 version.
                when they arrive my guess is that it will be the exact same way to integrate to HSTouch.

Another thought though:
                if you work out the conditions in your life when you need the alarm enabled and disabled you could have HomeSeer events arm and disarm automatically.

For example, using “PHLocation2” you can set up geolocation in HomeSeer (for your phone). Then you will have an indication of when you are home and away. Then set up an event that simply enables the alarm when you are away.

Another option is to use your sensors to determine house occupancy and turn on the alarm when it changes to no occupancy.

For sleep mode you could add an event that automatically sets the mode after you go to bed.

Another example could be use BLRadar to monitor room movements (or use sensors and other events). Then when you are inside the house and the alarm is in sleep mode simple disable the alarm when you come downstairs in the morning.

Hopefully you see what I mean.

With a comprehensive list of scenarios you may find that the need for a panel is minimal.

Comment

Working...
                X