Beta Update Fails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta Update Fails

Disabled PI and clicked on the Beta version. Selected Reinstall and it said I had to disable the PI first which I already had done.

Here is the log error.

9/27/2021 7:17:15 AM
    HomeSeer Updater
    Error
    Copying source to C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\HSPI_BLSecurity.exe, detailed error: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\HSPI_BLSecurity.exe' because it is being used by another process.

EDIT: SOLVED: Cleared browser cache and rebooted HS4. Update ran correctly and completed.

Blade Still getting the same issue with having to reboot HS in order to get the update to work. I tried deleting cache alone but no joy. Could you please look into this? Thanks

9/29/2021 7:54:42 AM

HomeSeer Updater

Error

Copying source to C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\HSPI_BLSecurity.exe, detailed error: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\HSPI_BLSecurity.exe' because it is being used by another process

Comment

Yea I see that as well - I am not sure what is keeping the process open yet
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
        Yea I see that as well - I am not sure what is keeping the process open yet
        Ok, thanks for looking into it.

Comment

sqlite? I remember having to manually close and dispose of a bunch of stuff to make sqlite close in an application I developed..

https://www.sqlite.org/c3ref/close.html
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows 10 vmware)
          BLOccupied:,UltraNetCam3:,weatherXML:,RFXCOM:,Current Cost 3P:,UltraGCIR3:
          DMMQTT:,Kodi:,Z-Wave:,BLRadar:,EasyTrigger:,MySensors:,BLBackup:

Comment

I had the same and a reboot of my HS box fixed it.

Comment

I posted 4.0.17 BETA to see if that helps shut it down
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

I posted 4.0.17 BETA to see if that helps shut it down
                I just tried the update after disabling it first. No reboot of HS and got the same result. Sorry.

Also, after shutting down the PI I saw this in the log just before I tried the update.

9/29/2021 4:56:58 PM

Error
                Calling HSEvent in HS4 plugin , Instance disconnected before response received.

Comment

U likely will not see if it works until u update to beyond 4.0.17
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

U likely will not see if it works until u update to beyond 4.0.17
                    Understand. Will have to wait until you have a reason to update to 4.0.18. No problem. PI works really well by the way.

Comment

Working...
                    X