DSC1864 supported?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSC1864 supported?

I'm now starting to move from HS3 to HS4. I have been using BLDSC for many years under HS3 successfully. It's not clear to me whether BLSecurity supports DSC1864.

According to the plugin store it does support HS4. https://shop.homeseer.com/products/b...plugin-for-hs4

Note that HS has built-in support for DSC 1864 if you use the IT-100 (I think). That is what I am doing. The only beef I have with that HS plugin is that it doesn't notify me when a zone is bypassed or unbypassed. And if you use a different interface then it won't work.

Comment

Thanks. BLSecurity supports HS4 but I can't find any info about DSC1864. I know HS has a built-in plugin for DSC but it seems to be for HS3 so I wonder whether this HS plugin works under HS4.

Comment

I use DSC 1864 with HS4, it works with the DSC HS plugin and the Envisalink plugin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
        Plugin's:
        BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
        EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
        weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
          I use DSC 1864 with HS4, it works with the DSC HS plugin and the Envisalink plugin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          OK, thanks. I'll try the DSC HS plugin then.

Comment

Originally posted by jlikonen View Post
            Thanks. BLSecurity supports HS4 but I can't find any info about DSC1864. I know HS has a built-in plugin for DSC but it seems to be for HS3 so I wonder whether this HS plugin works under HS4.
            I use the HS plugin with the IT-100 interface on HS4. It works fine except, as mentioned, that you can't track when a zone is bypassed and unbypassed. I think BLSecurity can do that but I am not sure.

Comment

OK, thanks guys. I'm also using IT-100 so the HS plugin should work. I think I'll test both plugins and then decide which one to use.

Comment

OK, thanks guys. I'm also using IT-100 so the HS plugin should work. I think I'll test both plugins and then decide which one to use.
                I have an IT-100 and the Envisalink, I prefer the Envisalink because it was much easier to implement and the Envisalink plugin developer (Spud) supports it really well.

If you are going to stay with the IT-100 route then the BLSecurity would be your best option, there is a bigger community of users that use the plugin to help with any questions you might have along the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                Plugin's:

Comment

Most, if not all HS3 plugins should work in HS4. Just make sure there is an active community and/or developer for the plugin.

The only difference between the DSC 1832 and DSC 1864 is the number of zones it supports. 32 vs 64 zones. You probably won’t find a lot of posts about which DSC board users have as they both integrate exactly the same way. I opted to go with 64 just to make sure I had room for additional zones for motion or glass break sensors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  Plugin's:

Comment

I installed BLSecurity but I couldn't find how to setup e.g. the IT-100 so I went back to BLDSC which found the setup of my DSC1864.

Comment

I use the HS version of the plug-in in HS3. I use the IT100 with the plugin.
                      been looking for that plug-in in HS4 but it does not show up. Is it available And how do I get it to show
                      only just started my migration from HS3 to HS4. I am starting from scratch and not taking the upgrade path

Comment

I’m still running Spud’s HS3 Envisalink DSC under HS4. The Envisalink allows the system to operate over IP and lets me use Eyezon monitoring for $8.50 per month. The HS3 plug-in works fine under HS4. It is likely many of the others will as well.
                        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I started using the Envisalink board and plugin as well, mostly because the IT-100 has no notification when a zone is bypassed or un-bypassed. I think it's actually a limitation of the IT-100 board but I am not sure and I still have an open 'feature request' for HS for that. The one thing I don't like about the Envisalink plugin is that you can only toggle the bypass. There aren't two buttons, one for bypass and one for unbypass. I thought the plugin author was going to implement that but I didn't get any response anymore.
                          randy the service you mention is that the alternative communication channel https://www.eyezon.com/sidekick.php You mentioned monitoring, though. What exactly do you get with this 'monitoring'?

Comment

mulu, I also use eyezon monitoring, including the LTE backup (sidekick). Here's the info:
                            Monitoring service: https://www.eyezon.com/envisalarms_ip_monitoring.php
                            LTE backup: https://www.eyezon.com/sidekick.php
                            $12.50/mo total

I've had the service for about 9 months. I've tested the system and its connection to their central station successfully a couple times and have had one actual alarm. Their response on the alarm was timely but it's a single data point.
                            -Wade

Comment

It is standard monitoring. If they see a fault or tamper, they contact me first, if they cannot reach me, they contact emergency services. I've been using them for about 7 years. They have been fast and reliable. I thought about the LTE backup, but we are switching to Verizon LTE for our network failover ISP. I think that will offer the same level of security. We currently use two wired ISPs (one cable and one VDSL), giving us a decent level of redundancy.
                              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
                              X