Lights not turning on in alerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lights not turning on in alerts

I've tried to add the lights to the alerts to be turned on but can't seem to get that to work. I've used both device refs and the device codes(which aren't obvious in HS4) but still nothing on an alert. Any ideas?

Originally posted by davidcald View Post
    I've tried to add the lights to the alerts to be turned on but can't seem to get that to work. I've used both device refs and the device codes(which aren't obvious in HS4) but still nothing on an alert. Any ideas?
    I don't know what you have tried so I should ask. Have you created an event that turns on/off these lights? After you create events then you can call these events under the Options/Alert tab. Here is a pic to show an example.

Click image for larger version  Name:	pic1.png Views:	0 Size:	20.9 KB ID:	1515660

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post

I don't know what you have tried so I should ask. Have you created an event that turns on/off these lights? After you create events then you can call these events under the Options/Alert tab. Here is a pic to show an example.

Click image for larger version Name:	pic1.png Views:	0 Size:	20.9 KB ID:	1515660
      I have created events for the alerts to do certain actions but thought I could use this entry to handle the lights directly using "Lights to turn on when sleep alert triggers".

Comment

Originally posted by davidcald View Post

I have created events for the alerts to do certain actions but thought I could use this entry to handle the lights directly using "Lights to turn on when sleep alert triggers".
        I see that was the same in HS3 as in the HS4 version. I am curious as to how you would enter a bulb device name and how to control it's child devices. Is this text box for reference only?

Comment

Working...
        X