Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MyQ Garage Door - Please add Toggle Open/Close for use in HSTouch

spud

In the KingFetty MyQ app I was able to create a button in HSTouch that I could press to (Toggle)Open/Close the garage door. Since I've moved over to the HS version I only have the option to do one or the other. Can the Toggle Open/Close be added?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	529
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	1497856
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

[mention]The Profit [/mention] I had the same issue moving to the new plug-in so I switched to using this script to toggle the garage door. I created an event with the script and my MyQ garage door status device ref as the parameter and call the event from HSTouch, in case it’s helpful…

Sub Main(ByVal theDevice As String)
    '' Specify the Device Ref as the Parameter

Dim devValue as double

devValue = hs.DeviceValue(theDevice)

Select Case devValue
    Case 1
    '' garage closed, Open it
    hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(theDevice,true ,"Open",false,true))

Case 3
    '' garage open, Close it
    hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(theDevice,true ,"Close",false,true))
    End Select
    End Sub

Comment

If they don't implement it there should be a workaround. Place two buttons on top of each other. One opens the garage door and the other one closes it. Then as an additional action for each button but the one that was pressed in the back so next time you click you will press the other button.

Or you could create a virtual device with a couple of events that implement the toggle (or with one event if you have EasyTrigger as EasyTrigger has built in toggling).

But a built-in toggle would be nice...

Comment

Feature request created (PIMQ-10)

Comment

In version 4.0.8 released as beta version I have added a Toggle button. In the same version I have added a device feature for the "Door Sensor Battery" with possible status being Ok, Low or Critical.

Comment

Spud,
            I disabled myQ plugin, loaded the 4.08 beta and then re-enabled the plugin but I do not see a Door Sensor Battery device. Any suggestions?

πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              Spud,
              I disabled myQ plugin, loaded the 4.08 beta and then re-enabled the plugin but I do not see a Door Sensor Battery device. Any suggestions?
              strange, it works for me, the new child device is automatically created. Do you see the new Toggle button?

Name:	battery.JPG
Views:	339
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	1498479

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

strange, it works for me, the new child device is automatically created. Do you see the new Toggle button?

Name:	battery.JPG
Views:	339
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	1498479
                Yes. But it's not listed as a feature but is in the status graphics.

Name:	hs.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	1498488

Name:	hs2.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	1498489

Name:	hs3.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	1498490
                Attached Files
                πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

Could you send me your Data/HomeSeerData.json/devices.json ?

Comment

Ok, I restarted HS4 and it's there. Good work on this.

Comment

spud These errors were logged on initial startup of the PI after update to 4.08, and the same 4 are thrown every poll cycle. Toggle buttons are there but don't work. I'm in midst of troubleshooting something else so not restarting HS right now but will try that next. Since I have a less common configuration with two MyQ homes and I've not seen anyone post this yet, I thought this might be related to that. East/West are associated with one MyQ home and Wade's/Bonnie's a second MyQ home.

This is logged when I try to use the toggle button.

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	307
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	1498657

Name:	Capture1.JPG
Views:	343
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	1498656 ​
                      -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Wade View Post
                        spud These errors were logged on initial startup of the PI after update to 4.08, and the same 4 are thrown every poll cycle. Toggle buttons are there but don't work. I'm in midst of troubleshooting something else so not restarting HS right now but will try that next. Since I have a less common configuration with two MyQ homes and I've not seen anyone post this yet, I thought this might be related to that. East/West are associated with one MyQ home and Wade's/Bonnie's a second MyQ home.

This is logged when I try to use the toggle button.

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	307
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	1498657

Name:	Capture1.JPG
Views:	343
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	1498656 ​
                        What version of HS are you running?
                        I believe you may be facing the same problem as https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...r-4-0-8-0-beta

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

What version of HS are you running?
                          I believe you may be facing the same problem as https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...r-4-0-8-0-beta
                          Just saw your response in the other thread. I'm on 4.2.0.0 so that's likely it. I'll give 4.2.2.0 a try. Thanks.
                          -Wade

Comment

I second the OPs request. My HSTouch doesn't show any choices for "Control HS device" The drop list is blank. I try entering text "Toggle" but it wouldn't take it.

Comment

Originally posted by risquare View Post
                              I second the OPs request. My HSTouch doesn't show any choices for "Control HS device" The drop list is blank. I try entering text "Toggle" but it wouldn't take it.
                              OPs request has been implemented in HS MyQ 4.0.8, make sure you run this version of the plugin and in HSTouch make sure you select the "Status" child device.

Comment

Working...
                              X