No phone = no detection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No phone = no detection?

I gather this is based on detecting a smart phone. Is that correct? If someone does not routinely carry a phone with them at home can RoomMe detect them some other way? What is the effect on phone battery life?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

yep. from what I gathered, if you don't carry a phone that has been setup, the detection does not work.
    Also I think the devices you install in the room are pretty 'dumb'. All the real work is done on the phone. They are basically there as something for bluetooth on the phone to trigger on.

I wonder if HomeSeer could put like bluetooth detection in the mobile client to trigger events. All you would need is a bluetooth beacon in the room.

Comment

It's telling, in a way, that the description is so vague about how the system actually works, but failing to be upfront about the role a smart phone plays in the functionality is not a good sign. I'm trying to understand why these things should cost $100 a piece. I'm guessing that is the only way to pay for the software, since it's almost impossible to charge very much for software alone.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

The only way it would work (for me) is if it could connect to a ble bracelet (I do not like to wear this so that depends of what they offer lol). I do not always have my phone with me..

Comment

I rarely do in my house either...

Comment

Working...
          X