Same as HS3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same as HS3?

This plugin shows as installed for HS4... but i have the HS3 version. Guessing in this case they are the same since both from spud ?

Both plugins have the same features, and you can upgrade from the HS3 version to the HS4 version. The HS4 version will convert your Ecobee event actions and devices to native HS4 actions and devices.
    The only missing part in the HS4 version is the schedule configuration page, but it will be added in a future version.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      Both plugins have the same features, and you can upgrade from the HS3 version to the HS4 version. The HS4 version will convert your Ecobee event actions and devices to native HS4 actions and devices.
      The only missing part in the HS4 version is the schedule configuration page, but it will be added in a future version.
      spud What i'm confused about is that if i go to the "add" section of plugins, it shows the HS4 version installed, as well as the HS3 version?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post

spud What i'm confused about is that if i go to the "add" section of plugins, it shows the HS4 version installed, as well as the HS3 version?
        This is known and will be fixed in the future.

---
        John

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post

This is because both version have the same plugin id.
          For all the plugins I have written, the HS3 version have a 3.x.x.x version number and the HS4 have a 4.x.x.x version number, so it's easy to know which version you have installed from the "Installed" page.

Comment

How do we tell from the JSON on a getstatus or getcontrol request if we are talking to a HS3 or HS4 system? When we get the devices through the JSON request we have no way of knowing . The beginning of the JSON form both systems just says its Version 1.0 of HomeSeer devices. With this paradigm shift into "features" then its important to know what kind of system we are getting the information from.

Comment

bringing this back up as i never upgraded. Just checking to be sure. I'm still running 3.0.0.37 on my HS4 box.

If i upgrade to the HS4 version, i won't have to make any changes to my events that call the PI, or the dashboards I've created in HSTouch?

Thanks!

Comment

The HS4 plugin will re-use the devices created by the HS3 plugin, so you won't have to make any change to your events. The only exception is if you used the root status (Online/Offline) in your events and dashboards, this information has been moved to an additional child device called "Connection Status" that will be created by the HS4 plugin on startup.

Comment

awesome. thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X