Ecobee devices not appearing after linking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ecobee devices not appearing after linking

Hi, I am new to HS4 and HS in general and I am having problems getting the Ecobee related devices to show up. I have Rachio devices, MyQ and Elk M1 devices working but for some reason none of the Ecobee ones show up. I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I'm running HS 4.1.0.0 on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
    Ecobee plugin 4.0.9.0

The Ecobee plugin shows a green OKAY status after the account was linked to Ecobee. I do not see errors of note in the HS console. The only error condition in my Ecobee status might be because I have two Ecobee devices in my Ecobee account and one of them is disconnected. I don't believe that should be a problem but I thought I might mention it.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Steve

From Plugins > Ecobee > Settings > Logging, set the log level to Trace, and save. Then restart the plugin and post or send me what you get in the logs.

Comment

Hi Spud,

Thank you for the quick response. I have changed the log settings to trace and restarted the plugin. I have the Ecobee.txt log from /opt/HomeSeer/logs which is where I think this was logging... The same messages showed up in the console.

Can I PM this file to you? I'm not entirely sure if there is sensitive information in it or not.

Thanks,
      Steve

Comment

yes please PM the file.
        what messages do you see in the console?

Comment

I have PM'ed you the file.
          I see the same messages in the console that I saw in the "Ecobee.txt" log I sent you. The only other occasional message I see in the console are several of the following every time the devices page is refreshed. I think they are related to the Elk plugin but I'm not 100% sure.

Error in device_prop: The requested operation caused a stack overflow.

Steve

Comment

Your logs seem fine. Are you sure the Ecobee devices have not been created?
            Go to the devices page, switch to list view, remove any current filter, and then filter on Ecobee, what do you see?

Comment

I do not see any Ecobee devices listed. (I found my Elk M1 zones though!) I took a screenshot of the first page. I scrolled to bottom and they were not there.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Spud,

Thanks for the help today. I have it working now. I must have been missing one of the mono packages. I ended up just installing them all and it started working.

Steve

Comment

Glad you got it to work.
                  Do you still see the "Error in device_prop: The requested operation caused a stack overflow." messages after installing the mono packages?

Comment

Hi Spud,

Yes, I still get them and another one very similar to it. I have opened a service desk ticket on the problem. Everything seems to work... although my configuration is pretty basic so I'm not sure if I'm out of the woods yet. Trying to test an event using the current devices. I might take EasyTrigger for a spin as well.

Steve

Comment

Did you ever get to the bottom of this sau? I'm having exactly the same issues.

Code:
                      It's not plugin related as I've removed all plugins and still get this issue. I'm assuming you're running HS4 on Linux?
                      Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
                        Did you ever get to the bottom of this sau? I'm having exactly the same issues.

Code:
                        It's not plugin related as I've removed all plugins and still get this issue. I'm assuming you're running HS4 on Linux?
                        Hi,

Yes, I was still getting them. I was running this on Linux (Ubuntu 20.04 vm). The support case I opened with HS support was closed with "could not duplicate" which is unfortunate as I'm pretty sure it does this straight out of the box.

My initial problem with the Ecobee plugin was not installing *all* the mono packages (mono complete?) as suggested by the instructions as I felt it was overkill and made the system unshareable as it seems to override some system defaults. Once I did installed all the mono packages, the Ecobee plugin worked but I continued to get the errors in the log. Anyhow, in the end, I think it worked despite the constant errors in the logs but at this time, I have deleted my test Homeseer system. I was going to circle back and try a clean install with a mono-complete installed on a dedicated system and go from there. I just haven't gotten back to it. I feel Homeseer Linux support is likely a lot worse than their WIndows support so it has me seriously rethinking my approach.

Good luck,
                        Sau

Comment

Curses, not the answer I was hoping for. I figured the same as you and so installed mono-complete too, but sill get the errors on a Ubuntu 20.04 VM (went back to 18,04 and tried too, no difference). And with some 700 devices, it makes the system unusable. I also thing HST are still struggling to make the transition from .NET windows to .net core, multi platform.
                          Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
                            Curses, not the answer I was hoping for. I figured the same as you and so installed mono-complete too, but sill get the errors on a Ubuntu 20.04 VM (went back to 18,04 and tried too, no difference). And with some 700 devices, it makes the system unusable. I also thing HST are still struggling to make the transition from .NET windows to .net core, multi platform.
                            I tried to reproduce this error, but so far I wasn't able to get the exact "stack overflow" error.
                            Could you send me your Data/HomeSeerData.json/devices.json file at chris@homeseer.com ?

Comment

Hey spud, don't want to waste your valuable time. I don't actually use the ecobee plugin, I was just searching the board for the stack overflow error to see if anyone else had experienced it and found a solution. I've mailed you the contents just the same - I only have one device so it's pretty straightforward.

Comment

Working...
                              X