Ecobee devices not appearing after linking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
    Hey spud, don't want to waste your valuable time. I don't actually use the ecobee plugin, I was just searching the board for the stack overflow error to see if anyone else had experienced it and found a solution. I've mailed you the contents just the same - I only have one device so it's pretty straightforward.
    I know the stack overflow error is not specific to Ecobee. I'm trying to reproduce it and fix it in HS4 itself.
    Unfortunately even with your json file, I'm still unable to reproduce the error.
    With this file containing one device, do you see the error every time you load the devices.html page? does it happen in both list view and grid view? How many times do you see the error for each load of the page?

Comment

I see it once on load on grid view. None in list view. I see it on opening the device detail page too. About 10 times when I open the device detail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

I think I found the problem, it's a mono issue in Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
        https://xamarin.github.io/bugzilla-a...42529/bug.html

This bug has been fixed in mono but somehow your homeseer system is still using an old version, could you run the following command to check where is Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll on your system:

Code:
        sudo find / -name Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
        thanks

Comment

Many versions it would seem

Code:
          sudo find / -name Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
          find: ‘/sys/kernel/debug’: Permission denied
          find: ‘/sys/fs/pstore’: Permission denied
          find: ‘/sys/fs/fuse/connections/53’: Permission denied
          find: ‘/sys/fs/fuse/connections/52’: Permission denied
          find: ‘/lost+found’: Permission denied
          /usr/lib/mono/4.0-api/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
          /usr/lib/mono/4.7.2-api/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
          /usr/lib/mono/4.5-api/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
          /usr/lib/mono/2.0-api/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
          /usr/lib/mono/4.5/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
          /usr/lib/mono/4.8-api/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
          /usr/lib/mono/4.6.1-api/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
          /usr/lib/mono/4.5.2-api/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
          /usr/lib/mono/xbuild-frameworks/.NETPortable/v4.5/Profile/Profile7/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
          /usr/lib/mono/xbuild-frameworks/.NETPortable/v4.5/Profile/Profile111/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
          /usr/lib/mono/xbuild-frameworks/.NETPortable/v4.5/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
          /usr/lib/mono/xbuild-frameworks/.NETPortable/v4.6/Profile/Profile151/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
          /usr/lib/mono/xbuild-frameworks/.NETPortable/v4.6/Profile/Profile44/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
          /usr/lib/mono/xbuild-frameworks/.NETPortable/v4.6/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
          /usr/lib/mono/4.7-api/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
          /usr/lib/mono/4.6.2-api/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
          /usr/lib/mono/gac/Microsoft.VisualBasic/10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
          /usr/lib/mono/4.6-api/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
          /usr/lib/mono/4.5.1-api/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
          /usr/lib/mono/4.7.1-api/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
          Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Spud I think I sorted it.

I purged all mono packages, then reinstalled mono-complete and mono-vbnc and no more "stack overflow" errors. IT looks like the recommended approach is to install mono-complete from the outset rather than mono-devel as recommended here https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HS...g+HS4+on+Linux

I'll try again on a clean VM tomorrow and confirm.

Comment

This problem has been fixed in HS 4.1.10.0

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                This problem has been fixed in HS 4.1.10.0
                Hi, I re-installed a fresh Ubuntu 20.04 server, and followed the instructions at the link below and everything is working fine now without having to install mono-complete. I'm using version 4.1.11.0 with the Ecobee, Elk M1, MyQ, Rachio and Smarthings plugins.

Thanks Spud!
                HS4 for Linux is a modified version of HS4 that runs under Linux. It is full HS4 with the following exceptions: * No VBScript support (.txt scripts). VB.Net scripting and C# scripting is supported HS4 for Linux does not require a distinct license. Your HS4 standard, HS4 SEL/Plus, or PRO license will work, though note that you

Comment

Working...
                X