Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ecobee/Carrier authorization code too long?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ecobee/Carrier authorization code too long?

I was receiving the 'authorization' errors noted by some of the other posts. I tried removing/reauthorizing my connection to my Carrier/Ecobee account. The plug in is giving my an 8 digit authorization code by the website it only looking for a 4-digit code. How do I proceed? This had worked previously.

Ecobee has changed their authorization PIN code to be 8 digits on December 1st.
    In the Ecobee portal, the 8 digit code works fine, so where are you trying to enter this code?

Comment

It's the Carrier portal for my Carrier branded Ecobee thermostats. Hopefully the web address shows in the attached. Selecting 'Add Application' and 'Validate' as done previously. However, it only accepts 4-digit codes.

​​​​​​​Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	195
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	1440425

Comment

Then you need to ask Carrier to update their portal as 4 digit codes no longer work.

Comment

Sorry to belabor this point. The ecobee website is also only referencing 4 digit authorization codes as of today:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ecobee.JPG
Views:	161
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	1454404
          Where do I find the spot to add your new 8-digit codes?

Comment

I think you are not entering the code in the right place. You need to log into your EcoClick image for larger version

Name:	pincode.png
Views:	167
Size:	251.4 KB
ID:	1454914bee account, then go to "MY APPS" and click "Add Application", see screenshot below:

Comment

Working...
            X