questions on multiple room sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

questions on multiple room sensors

Spud... I have the main unit and 5 outboard sensors.

the theory is that it will track occupancy and use that sensor to meet requested temp

what I see is that it sorta tracks occupancy, but does nothing to change temp requests

Thanks
    Geary
    Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Click image for larger version

Name:	ecobee.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	1443228

Comment

I would assume ( prob the problem ) that this device should show which of the remote sensors is in control..
      what happens when 2 or more have occupancy, take the lowest/highest temperature and meet it ??

"currently used" just seems like a wrong response I feel it show show what room is occupied and in control ....

Click image for larger version  Name:	eco.jpg Views:	0 Size:	16.1 KB ID:	1444571

Comment

Name:	eco1.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	1444573
        hints that the thermostat averages the temp of occupied rooms

Comment

this from the eco webpage

Name:	eco 2.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	1444576

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
            Spud... I have the main unit and 5 outboard sensors.

the theory is that it will track occupancy and use that sensor to meet requested temp

what I see is that it sorta tracks occupancy, but does nothing to change temp requests

Thanks
            Geary
            I'm not sure to understand what you expect from the plugin or from the Ecobee thermostat?
            I don't think it is supposed to change any of the target temperature. It is supposed to calculate an ambient temperature from the temperatures reported by the sensors in occupied rooms, and run heat/cool until this temperature is met.

Comment

after reading the reply from ecobee, I take it that the unit when configured will calc the existing temp from selected rooms
              I think that the plug in should reflect which rooms are in the mix as it will vary from different states

I posted the link from their reply - - - https://support.ecobee.com/hc/en-us/...roubleshooting Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	1444836

Comment

check out the room sensors FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
                  after reading the reply from ecobee, I take it that the unit when configured will calc the existing temp from selected rooms
                  I think that the plug in should reflect which rooms are in the mix as it will vary from different states

The plug-in already does exactly what you're asking, below is of of my Ecobee's (with a few room sensors associated to it). The Ambient Temperature is the average of all sensors that Ecobee is currently using (based on your occupancy settings, schedule participation, etc).

The Sensor Temperature is the actual temperature via the internal main thermostat sensor.

In Use indicates which sensors are eligible for calculations, if the room indicates Unoccupied then obviously it's not used.

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	197
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	1444840

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	143
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	1444841

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	149
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	1444842

Comment

thanks, I will play with the setup and see if I can wrap my head around it !!

Geary

Comment

My advice is make sure all the sensors and options are setup the way you want in the Ecobee setup first before the messing around with the HS4 plug-in. The plug-in is simply pulling from whatever is setup in your ecobee account.

Comment

Working...
                      X