Temperature Increment / Number display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temperature Increment / Number display

I've recently set up and begun testing HomeSeer to see whether it will be my hub. I was very happy with the easy integration to Ecobee, but am getting a few oddities. I've scanned through this forum to see whether they are answered yet, but I do not see them for other folks. HS version: Linux 4.2.0, ecobee plugin version 4.0.15.0

Specifically two issues:
    1. Half-decimal temperatures display as 0.0 deg C (21.5 deg C --> 0.0 deg C) in the web interface. Both set points here are half-increment temps and are showing as 0.0

Click image for larger version

Name:	ecobee temps.png
Views:	98
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	1500723

2. In the HS Mobile app, it seems I can only increment/decrement by full 1 deg C steps; if it starts on a half-degree it can move up and down by the full degree to the half (e.g. from 20.5 to 19.5), but I expected half-degree control to be possible. Am I missing a configuration parameter to select this?

thanks!

1. The problem is that the dropdown list only contains whole values, so it can't display half decimal values. I created a bug report for this problem (PIE-13)

2. I think there is the same problem in the web interface grid view, this is because the default thermostat template has been designed with thermostats configured in Fahrenheit which usually only increment/decrement by full 1 deg. From HS Mobile, you can click the 3 dots on the device tile, then Info, then click the target temparature you want to change, and from there you have access to the +/- controls which should increment/decrement by 0.5

Comment

spud - thanks for confirming I'm not entirely crazy. I appreciate that! Thanks for logging the bug report.

With respect to the thermostat, I didn't realize that the plugin effectively 'inherits' a standard template. That makes complete sense, but being new to the ecosystem I'm still learning how far the plugins go. I was particularly suspicious that a fellow Canadian author wouldn't have run into that! I confirmed your direct temperature method does offer me 0.5 degree control. Oddly, 21 deg C is showing with the mangled number format (21$%0$) but all other values are correct that I tried, including decimal values like 20.5 degC.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X