HVAC Mode Status is not reporting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HVAC Mode Status is not reporting

I'm trying to hookup my ecobee in HomeSeer to my smart home tablet and I noticed that the HVAC mode is not being updated in the device. See attached.

Current Program doesn't update either.
    Attached Files

What version of HS4 are you running?
    I believe this is a bug in 4.2.10.0 which has been fixed in later versions. Please install and test 4.2.10.3
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...0-is-available

Comment

Thanks spud that seems to fix the HVAC Mode and Program not reporting. The only issue I'm seeing at the moment is if I have the Ecobee set to "away" and I click "Resume Program" It displays "Unknown" instead of the current comfort setting.

I tried adding the comfort settings to the status list as they were missing (for the hell of it), but doesn't make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by begunfx View Post
        Thanks spud that seems to fix the HVAC Mode and Program not reporting. The only issue I'm seeing at the moment is if I have the Ecobee set to "away" and I click "Resume Program" It displays "Unknown" instead of the current comfort setting.

I tried adding the comfort settings to the status list as they were missing (for the hell of it), but doesn't make a difference.
        If the comfort settings is missing in the status list, you need to restart the plugin so that they are created, but you can't add them manually that won't work.
        Let me know if that fixes your issue.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

If the comfort settings is missing in the status list, you need to restart the plugin so that they are created, but you can't add them manually that won't work.
          Let me know if that fixes your issue.
          I restarted the program, and clicked "Resume Program" (it was in Away State), but it still says "Unknown".

Comment

Could you set the log level to Trace from the plugin Settings page, then restart the plugin, click the "Resume Program" button and post what you get in the logs.
            Also, could you post a device screenshot of the Status/Graphics tab for the "Current Program" feature.

Comment

Could you set the log level to Trace from the plugin Settings page, then restart the plugin, click the "Resume Program" button and post what you get in the logs.
              Also, could you post a device screenshot of the Status/Graphics tab for the "Current Program" feature.
              Will do.

Comment

Okay. I PM'd you my logs. Attached is a screen grab of Current Program.
                Attached Files

Comment

I checked the code and when you click on "Resume Program" the plugin sets the status of the "Current Program" feature to Unknown, but then this status is supposed to be updated with the correct value on next poll (within 4 minutes)
                  If you wait at least 4 minutes do you see the correct status after that? I can't tell from your logs, because it ends right after you clicked "Resume Program"

I may be able to force a refresh immediately after "Resume Program" is clicked, but I need to know if the correct status is set when the plugin polls the Ecobee servers for updates.

Comment

I checked the code and when you click on "Resume Program" the plugin sets the status of the "Current Program" feature to Unknown, but then this status is supposed to be updated with the correct value on next poll (within 4 minutes)
                    If you wait at least 4 minutes do you see the correct status after that? I can't tell from your logs, because it ends right after you clicked "Resume Program"

I may be able to force a refresh immediately after "Resume Program" is clicked, but I need to know if the correct status is set when the plugin polls the Ecobee servers for updates.
                    Okay. Good to know. I'll click "Resume Program" and wait for 4 minutes to see if I get an update and report back. Thanks!

Comment

Okay. I waited for 4 minutes and you are correct that it did switch to "away" after that time. Can you please try to force a refresh after Resume Program is clicked? 4 minutes seems like a while to get an update on the Program Change status. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Revisiting this thread from last year.....even though the current program status reports as "Away," it's not possible to drive an event with that info as it doesn't seem to be in the reporting table of the device. Is there some reason why it has been left out?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	53
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	1630980

Comment

Working...
                        X