Google home won't report ECOBEE ambient temp correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google home won't report ECOBEE ambient temp correctly

In homeseer I have the ecobee plug-in working properly. I see the temperature properly on my actual ecobee for everything my controls work perfect physically. And then again on hs4 it seems to be picking up everything on the plug-in that I need. I can see every single control and adjust them manually as needed..

I have Google home minis paired through my home and use with my hs4 system so I can use the speakers for my voice commands. ..

PROBLEM: So when I asked Google home what the indoor temperature is it always tells me it's 32° right after it tells me what the thermostat is set to only. Under hS4 it's labeled as ambient temperature. I've tried to figure a different way to ask it BUT it never tells me. I also can't seem to find a way through hs4 commands, iftt commands or even Google home routines to access the ambient temperature to rewrite that skill... So can someone please tell me how I can monitor my indoor temperature off of my ecobee other than opening my app and looking at it which works fine... But I would think when I'm setting my thermostat through with my voice I will be able to monitor what the actual temperature is but it's not letting me...grrrrr

Have you tried using Ecobee's Google Home integration and setting directly with that as opposed to running the voice through HomeSeer? (unless I misunderstand what you are saying.) HomeSeer will sync up with the settings you make directly from the Google Assistant to the Ecobee unit. At least that is my experience.
    Karl S
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    1070 Devices
    56 Z-Wave Nodes
    104 Events
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
    Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Actually funny you say that I was messing around once I posted that this morning and found that I can directly link an integrate ecobee into Google home.. once I did that they made another device in my home they looked exactly like the device had already had from hs4 and it's ecobee plug-in... But I disabled the voice check boxes saved it restarted homeseer and it seemed to figure it all out now it works perfectly....

Note: while I was in the middle of that process, before I restarted and or changed voice check box settings I was getting two responses in a row from Google home when I asked it for the interior temperature... One was right and of course the other was wrong. So I don't know what made integration fix itself but the two steps were unchecking the voice microphone check boxes under the device in hs4 then restarting hs4. 🤑👍

Comment

Working...
      X