This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setpoint changes do not happen at TCC/Honeywell

Changes to the heating setpoint are not reflected at TCC, and so do not make it back to my thermostat.

Log file attached. Setpoint was 55, tried setting it to 60, the log looks like it thinks it did this successfully, but the setpoint does not change when logged in to TCC website or the app and the heat does not turn on. Running a status device update on the thermostat a few minutes later and it syncs back to the original setpoint of 55. Also tried 65 which set itself back to 55 on a status update.

I've already tried removing the thermostat device in the plugin and recreating it, removing the plugin and reinstalling, verified the TCC credentials, etc. Not sure what else to check.

Thank you
    Attached Files

was having the same issue on 4.1.2.0 as well

Comment

also, trying to do the "data dump" with the Honeywell WiFi Thermostat tab of the thermostat device just results in a spinning loading icon and nothing happens
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	195
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	1577946

Comment

I just noticed something similar ... my morning event to set the cool setpoint was firing, and the Hold Type was being set, but not the temperature.

Checking my event, what I found is that it LOOKED fine, but when I edited the step, the temperature value was missing!

Views:	190
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	1578241

I had to fix all my events to put the value back.

Comment

Originally posted by windracer View Post
          I just noticed something similar ... my morning event to set the cool setpoint was firing, and the Hold Type was being set, but not the temperature.

Checking my event, what I found is that it LOOKED fine, but when I edited the step, the temperature value was missing!

Aha! I spent some time trying to recreate this last night but I was able to reliably set the setpoint every time. That's frustrating - and I'd even consider it an HS bug; the value is the same whether the °F is there or not, so it would be nice if it wouldn't freak out because of the formatting change.

Comment

The event problem a different issue than what is happening for me. I'm trying by using the HomeSeer UI directly to adjust the setpoint device, looking at the log, the plugin sees the correct attempted setpoint, but it's not being changed at Honeywell.

Comment

Originally posted by windracer View Post

I just discovered the same exact issue when I manually ran my "Heat Increase Event" and nothing happened. Same as WR I edited the event setpoint values and all worked fine afterwards. I only have a few events so it wasn't bad at all to update each one.

Comment

I'm not sure why yours isn't working, then. From my perspective, it's pretty clear that it's "working"; not sure what's happening on Honeywell's side.

This is the process (edited for brevity) from your log:

11/29/2022 20:46:17.936 Trace ThermostatDevice.ChangeSetpoint - >>>> ThermostatDevice(4845008).ChangeSetpoint(65, NoHold, Heat)
                11/29/2022 20:46:17.942 Trace HWConnection.SendChange - >>>> --4845008-- HWConnection.SendChange(4845008, 3549980, <objChange>)
                11/29/2022 20:46:17.943 Trace HWConnection.SendChange - Sending change request
                {"DeviceID":4845008,"SystemSwitch":null,"HeatSetpoint":65 .0, "CoolSetpoint":0.0,"HeatNextPeriod":null,"CoolNextPeriod ":nu ll,"StatusHeat":0,"StatusCool":0,"FanMode":null}
                11/29/2022 20:46:17.944 Trace HWConnection.APIRequest - >>>> --4845008-- HWConnection.APIRequest(<RequestParameters>, 4845008, /portal/Device/SubmitControlScreenChanges)
                11/29/2022 20:46:18.218 Debug HWConnection.SubmitRequest - --4845008-- Received response 200 OK
                11/29/2022 20:46:18.220 Trace HWConnection.SubmitRequest - <<<< --4845008-- HWConnection.SubmitRequest=<HttpResponseMessage>
                11/29/2022 20:46:18.221 Trace HWConnection.APIRequest - <<<< --4845008-- HWConnection.APIRequest=<HWResponse>
                11/29/2022 20:46:18.222 Trace HWConnection.SendChange - Successfully sent change request
                {"DeviceID":4845008,"SystemSwitch":null,"HeatSetpoint":65 .0, "CoolSetpoint":0.0,"HeatNextPeriod":null,"CoolNextPeriod ":nu ll,"StatusHeat":0,"StatusCool":0,"FanMode":null}
                11/29/2022 20:46:18.223 Trace HWConnection.SendChange - <<<< HWConnection.SendChange=True
                11/29/2022 20:46:18.265 Trace ThermostatDevice.ChangeSetpoint - <<<< ThermostatDevice.ChangeSetpoint​

All I can do is post the json request to their servers and see what the response is... and "200 OK" is "success" in HTTP.

Is this consistent? Over multiple tries over multiple days? Is there any chance someone or something else is changing it back?

What model thermostat are you using? Does it have any unusual features/capabilities? Are you using an energy management plan with your provider that can "lock" your thermostat settings?

Comment

no, its working fine for me now. I was just pointing out that the existing Honeywell events I had that change the setpoints were missing the setpoint. No biggie, all I had to do was put them back in under the setpoint control (the same image WR posted). I thought this was what windracer was pointing out as well.

I am good.

Comment

Originally posted by will40 View Post
                    no, its working fine for me now. I was just pointing out that the existing Honeywell events I had that change the setpoints were missing the setpoint. No biggie, all I had to do was put them back in under the setpoint control (the same image WR posted). I thought this was what windracer was pointing out as well.

I am good.
                    Yeah, that was for .

Comment

yeah sorry I saw that after

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
                        All I can do is post the json request to their servers and see what the response is... and "200 OK" is "success" in HTTP.

Is this consistent? Over multiple tries over multiple days? Is there any chance someone or something else is changing it back?

What model thermostat are you using? Does it have any unusual features/capabilities? Are you using an energy management plan with your provider that can "lock" your thermostat settings?
                        yes this is consistent. has been happening for a few weeks now. the last time it was worked was with plugin version 3.1.0.4, but that version has the issue where it cannot load the password from the settings file. it has not succeeded in actually setting the temperature on 4.1.2.0 or later versions

no chance anyone else is changing it back also but just to be clear, the change never happens the first time, so it can't really be changed back anyway. the thermostat at the location never changes, the heat doesn't turn on, the TCC website/app show no setpoint change, etc.

i believe it is a TH5220D1003 thermostat, but i'm not 100% sure since it's at the vacation house 250 miles away. it is linked with a honeywell home redlink gateway. super simple setup, heat only, non-programmable thermostat and the honeywell account has just a single location with a single thermostat in it.

no energy management plan or anything else with access to the thermostat.

Comment

i tried rolling back the exe and the core dll to 3.1.0.4, removed the thermostat device and recreated it. it updates the device and syncs with TCC, but is doing the same thing, reports success but no actual setpoint changes happen.

Comment

I'm sorry but that's got to be an issue with your account or redlink or thermostat connection or something. The plugin is successfully communicating and Honeywell is accepting the request and saying "ok". Nothing more I can really do

I'll keep thinking about it in case I get any other ideas though.

Comment

uninstalled the plugin, removed all the config ini and json files, did a fresh install of 4.2.0.7. logged in with TCC credentials, created thermostat device, tried changing setpoint to 62, same deal it appeared to work but nothing actually happened. tried to do a status update on the device and the plugin crashed

i had trace logging enabled, but unfortunately when the plugin restarted it overwrote the log

i can consistently trigger 4.2.0.7 to crash by initiating a refresh on the thermostat status device

​​

Comment

Working...
                              X