Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here are trace logs. the "pre" includes attempting a setpoint change and was downloaded immediately before attempting a status update on the thermostat device. the "post" log is everything after the plugin crashes.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
      I'm sorry but that's got to be an issue with your account or redlink or thermostat connection or something. The plugin is successfully communicating and Honeywell is accepting the request and saying "ok". Nothing more I can really do

I'll keep thinking about it in case I get any other ideas though.
      As this HomeSeer installation was based on having this particular plugin available and my TCC account is only used for this single thermostat, I am willing to give you my TCC account information or do whatever else it takes to get this fixed. Being able to automatically turn the heat up at the vacation house before we get there is the number 1 thing this HomeSeer system does. Thank you very much for your help.

Comment

Just had a thought, though if this is right I can't say why it would have ever worked.... you said "heat only". I don't have any experience working with such a unit, so I suppose there's a chance the format of a setpoint change for such a device might be different. Are you familiar with Google Chrome's "Inspect" (aka Developer Tools) window? What would help is if you could:
        1. Log in and go to your thermostat
        2. Hit F12
        3. Go to the "Network" tab
        4. Change the setpoint (this should generate some lines in the Network tab)
        5. Click the red circle to stop recording
        6. Right-click on the table in the bottom of the network tab and choose "save all as HAR with content"
        7. Share the HAR file with me
        That way I can see what a successful request looks like and make sure we aren't dealing with a Honeywell bug here - perhaps they should technically be rejecting my request because it's not valid for your thermostat but instead just accept it and ignore it.

Comment

update on the plugin crash on device status update, that seems to only happen when the plugin log is set to trace level

Originally posted by shill View Post
          Just had a thought, though if this is right I can't say why it would have ever worked.... you said "heat only". I don't have any experience working with such a unit, so I suppose there's a chance the format of a setpoint change for such a device might be different. Are you familiar with Google Chrome's "Inspect" (aka Developer Tools) window? What would help is if you could:
          1. Log in and go to your thermostat
          2. Hit F12
          3. Go to the "Network" tab
          4. Change the setpoint (this should generate some lines in the Network tab)
          5. Click the red circle to stop recording
          6. Right-click on the table in the bottom of the network tab and choose "save all as HAR with content"
          7. Share the HAR file with me
          That way I can see what a successful request looks like and make sure we aren't dealing with a Honeywell bug here - perhaps they should technically be rejecting my request because it's not valid for your thermostat but instead just accept it and ignore it.
          here is the har file. saved from TCC site changing setpoint to 58. thanks!

and yeah i was wondering about that too, if maybe the way the reworked version of the plugin generates the request is slightly different from the way the 1.x versions did. would sure be nice if they provided an API and docs for you!
          Attached Files

Comment

Ok - maybe now we're on to something!

Here's what the plugin sends:

{
            "DeviceID":4845008,
            "SystemSwitch":null,
            "HeatSetpoint":65.0,
            "CoolSetpoint": 0.0,
            "HeatNextPeriod":null,
            "CoolNextPeriod ":null,
            "StatusHeat":0,
            "StatusCool":0,
            "FanMode":null
            }

Here's what your device (or, I assume, any device without cool mode) sends:

{
            "DeviceID": 4845008,
            "SystemSwitch": null,
            "HeatSetpoint": 58,
            "CoolSetpoint": null,
            "HeatNextPeriod": null,
            "CoolNextPeriod": null,
            "StatusHeat": null,
            "StatusCool": null,
            "FanMode": null
            }​

Sending 0 instead of "null" could be the issue. I'll work something up and try and get it posted as beta this weekend for you to try out. If that doesn't work, you can actually add me as a user to your thermostat without having to share your credentials, but let's hold on to that as a next step only if necessary.

Comment

cool! 👍👍 🤞

Comment

I just put 4.2.0.8 (and 3.2.0.8) out as Beta. You'll have to "Add" vs "Manage" to get it, but it addresses the difference in the commands being sent to match what was in your HAR file, and plugged a hole where an error could happen when trace logging is enabled and an unsuccessful response from Honeywell is received (usually because you've logged in too many times by restarting the plugin rapidly).

Comment

did this address your issue?

Comment

Sorry for not getting back about this sooner; the thermostat is at a ski rental and it's been booked solid. I was finally able to check things out last weekend.
                    Tried 4.2.0.8 and still have the same issue.
                    Replaced the HomeSeer system and moved from arm to x64 ubuntu, new install of HS4 4.2.16.0, this plugin version 4.2.1.2 and still have the same issue with the plugin logging in successfully, able to see setpoint changes made at thermostat/TCC app/TCC website and the indoor temperature, but setpoint changes made in the plugin not being reflected at TCC and eventually the plugin device setpoint going back to the existing setpoint on the thermostat/TCC after the next scheduled status update.

Comment

Also verified the thermostat model, it's a Honeywell TH5320R-1002 with the RedLink gateway. Heat only system.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	68
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	1590069
                        very few options on my TCC UI

Comment

new log but same deal, 20:13:52 issue a command to set the thermostat to 66, a few lines later it gets the 200 OK
                          initiate an update at 20:14:13 and it retrieves the setpoint from TCC which didn't change and is still 65
                          Attached Files

Comment

what TCC website sends
                            Code:
                            {
                                "HeatSetpoint":64,
                                "CoolSetpoint":null,
                                "CoolNextPeriod":null,
                                "StatusHeat":null,
                                "StatusCool":null,
                            }​
                            what plugin sends
                            Code:
                            {
                                "HeatSetpoint":66.0,
                            }
                            ​
                            maybe the decimal in a F setpoint is an issue? or the different statusheat setting?

Comment

Originally posted by acabtp View Post
                              what TCC website sends
                              Code:
                              {
                              "HeatSetpoint":64,
                              "StatusHeat":null,
                              }​
                              what plugin sends
                              Code:
                              {
                              "HeatSetpoint":66.0,
                              }
                              ​
                              maybe the decimal in a F setpoint is an issue? or the different statusheat setting?
                              Actually I bet it's the "StatusHeat" value. Thanks for getting that comparison - that's exactly how I went about building the plugin since none of this is documented. I'll see if I can get something submitted tomorrow so they can approve it before the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by acabtp View Post
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	9 Size:	160.7 KB ID:	1590069
                                very few options on my TCC UI
                                Can you turrn on debug level or higher and then go to the Plugins > WiFi Thermostat > Debug page and confirm for me that, in the PED Data column's json, "HasHolds" is false for your thermostat, please?

Comment

Working...
                                X