Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shill
    replied
    Something must have gone wrong in an upgrade process since those are normally part of the devices. If you turn on debug mode for the plugin and then go to the plugins' "Debug" page, clicking on the eyeball icon next to those features should regenerate the Status/Graphics data to make them look like I intended. If that instead breaks them, I'd love to see the log from that time period!

Leave a comment:

• Tj in Bristol
    replied
    hears how to get your symbols net to you temperatures and humidity, for the humidity click on the 3 line for this section and put 1 space and % in the suffix box
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	21
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	1647409

Views:	19
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	1647410
    click save

for the temperatures you will have to put °F in each if the suffix boxes from both sections, skip the top one then the are 7 to do, if you use C the just use that

Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	1647411
    you will end up with something that look like this

Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	1647412

Leave a comment:

• Tj in Bristol
    replied
    Missing F and degree symbol for temperatures

Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	1647405

Leave a comment:

• Tj in Bristol
    replied
    I am missing just the indoor temperature running 4.3.1.2 BETA, it shows in the Honeywell app, I can change the temp and options no problem just homeseer does not display the indoor temp

Fix mine, had to put a missing range in for 40 to 49.999, now it works

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	54.9 KB ID:	1647402

Leave a comment:

• shill
    replied
    Originally posted by SeaOtter View Post
    I got it rebooted and have access via the HSTouch app and HomeSeer. I can’t get in via port forwarding, so I suspect the IP was changed / reset in the failure. It seems via HomeSeer I don’t have admin privileges as setup and backup are restricted. I checked the logs and there’s nothing prior to today.

Over last winter I had an event to run a script to restart it every Sunday. (&hs.RestartSystem) I disabled that this summer at the recommendation of HS tech support on my Pi. Maybe I should re enable that event?
    I strongly recommend configuring a static IP on the SEL or using your router to do an IP reservation so you don't have that variable to deal with. Also, once you do get access again, you'll want to make sure that the user you're using for MyHS is defined as an administrator in the HS user setup (unless you intentionally decided not to do that for security reasons). This is probably also the user you would mark as "use for local logins" if you're using passwordless access on the local subnet (the default). And as long as all your logins (local/no password, HSTouch, HSMobile, HSBuddy, MyHS) are done with that one set of credentials, you'll have the same experience everywhere.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	9.5 KB ID:	1640400

I'm curious if HST gave any reasoning for not having a scheduled restart once in a while?

Leave a comment:

• SeaOtter
    replied
    I got it rebooted and have access via the HSTouch app and HomeSeer. I can’t get in via port forwarding, so I suspect the IP was changed / reset in the failure. It seems via HomeSeer I don’t have admin privileges as setup and backup are restricted. I checked the logs and there’s nothing prior to today.

Over last winter I had an event to run a script to restart it every Sunday. (&hs.RestartSystem) I disabled that this summer at the recommendation of HS tech support on my Pi. Maybe I should re enable that event?

Leave a comment:

• shill
    replied
    Is there a remote switch that you prefer? Which one do you use?
    This is the one I'm using (it was an extra my son had handy) - but any cheap wifi power outlet/switch that works with it's own app or Google Home/Alexa (whichever you use if either) will do the trick.

https://www.amazon.com/Mini-Smart-Pl...767916410&th=1

Leave a comment:

• SeaOtter
    replied
    Is there a remote switch that you prefer? Which one do you use?

Leave a comment:

• shill
    replied

I can’t think of anything noteworthy. I’m largely controlling wall switches, which is a mix of WS100 and WS200. I have the Honeywell pluggin, some multi sensors, a motion and temp sensor on a flood light. I have some plugins installed that I don’t use. The house with the Honeywell thermostat is running an SEL and it has been, for the most part, rock solid. It ran for 8 mo straight with no hiccups last winter. Something changed this summer. I bought the HS4 version of the Honeywell pluggin, I found a weather plugin that is like. I updated my HS3 Touch build with the HS4 version of HS Touch. I update the version of HS4. Since about Aug, it will only run for about 10 days - 2 week before locking up. My neighbor is going in there tomorrow to power cycle it. If you would walk me through checking the logs for what’s going on, I would be grateful, and happy to share what I have to glean from it.
    I would start by focusing on the HS log leading up to the restart - assuming it got fully saved to disk before the system locked up. What was happening at the time? What time of day was it and do you have anything scheduled around then? Have you tried running it with some of those plugins disabled for a while?

I also highly recommend adding a wifi/cloud controllable power module to your SEL so you can power cycle it yourself outside of HS. The 1 or 2 times this year I've had problems at our cabin I was able to recover by just using the Google Home app and rebooting it without having to send our son out to do it manually.

Leave a comment:

• SeaOtter
    replied
    Originally posted by shill View Post
    Have you rebuilt the Status Graphics using the eye icon on the debug page like I explained above?
    I’ll try that tomorrow. I should have access to it either remotely or via VPN.

Leave a comment:

• SeaOtter
    replied

Totally unrelated to this plugin (I assume/hope), but what's the issue? I'm running my primary residence on an old PC and the worst problem I have with it is that occasionally it has a problem with running out of sockets and I have to reboot it, but that's maybe 2 or 3 times a year. I run HS on a Zee a second home/Airbnb in the mountains that I almost never have to restart (but for safety's sake I have it plugged into a cheap wifi power outlet I can control outside of Homeseer). And I run a third on my own Raspberry Pi device in my office at work to control the lamps on a motion detector. I don't even remember the last time I restarted that one.

That leads me to wonder what might be different and whether there might be some unique issue with your setup. What can you share in case we have ideas?
    I can’t think of anything noteworthy. I’m largely controlling wall switches, which is a mix of WS100 and WS200. I have the Honeywell pluggin, some multi sensors, a motion and temp sensor on a flood light. I have some plugins installed that I don’t use. The house with the Honeywell thermostat is running an SEL and it has been, for the most part, rock solid. It ran for 8 mo straight with no hiccups last winter. Something changed this summer. I bought the HS4 version of the Honeywell pluggin, I found a weather plugin that is like. I updated my HS3 Touch build with the HS4 version of HS Touch. I update the version of HS4. Since about Aug, it will only run for about 10 days - 2 week before locking up. My neighbor is going in there tomorrow to power cycle it. If you would walk me through checking the logs for what’s going on, I would be grateful, and happy to share what I have to glean from it.

Leave a comment:

• shill
    replied
    Have you rebuilt the Status Graphics using the eye icon on the debug page like I explained above?

Leave a comment:

• SeaOtter
    replied

What fix?
    The fix for the “Dim %” as a value for indoor and outdoor temperature on the Honeywell thermostat plug in.

Leave a comment:

• shill
    replied
    My system is locked up and I’m away for the winter, which is a different story. If I’m not there to reboot it every two weeks, it’s useless. I’m still hopeful I can salvage what I have invested in this system. I was optimistic enough to replace the clicking/cycling WS100 wall switches at $50 a piece this summer.
    Totally unrelated to this plugin (I assume/hope), but what's the issue? I'm running my primary residence on an old PC and the worst problem I have with it is that occasionally it has a problem with running out of sockets and I have to reboot it, but that's maybe 2 or 3 times a year. I run HS on a Zee a second home/Airbnb in the mountains that I almost never have to restart (but for safety's sake I have it plugged into a cheap wifi power outlet I can control outside of Homeseer). And I run a third on my own Raspberry Pi device in my office at work to control the lamps on a motion detector. I don't even remember the last time I restarted that one.

That leads me to wonder what might be different and whether there might be some unique issue with your setup. What can you share in case we have ideas?

Leave a comment:

• shill
    replied
    How is it coming with the fix? Just curious at this point.
    What fix?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X